Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

NVidia 378.66

Steve, I may or may not have a problem with this new driver. I have been experimenting with your fixer and installed the new driver around the same time. I've now decided for various reasons to go back to DX9 so I uninstalled the libraries and uninstalled your fixer. Since then I'm having problems changing from window to full screen. I get black squares or a completely black screen or sometimes no cockpit. All the time I can hear the sim running in the background but can do nothing to recover the flight.

I found this thread by accident by the driver number while searching for answers. So my question is, is it the driver as some people seem to think, or have I somehow managed to mess up my shaders by uninstalling incorrectly?

I also use Ezdok and suspected this might be a problem so I reinstalled it. I also removed my fsx.cfg file and generated a fresh one. I'm using the Steam version.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

thanks, Mike

****MIKE****

I dont use dx9 so I cannot offer much help...

I haven't noticed any driver issues with the latest driver.

Dx9 has always been a bit odd if you alt tab out of full screen and try to go back to it.

you can download old drivers from the Nvidia web site.

Thanks for the reply Steve. Could you just confirm for me that I have done nothing wrong with FSX by uninstalling the library files in your program and then deleting the program afterwards. I'm concerned that I may have corrupted the original shader files in FSX that are used in DX9. I'm not completely sure how this all works, do the files that are converted into DX10 shader files convert back to the original DX9 files when you uninstall the libraries?  If you can please confirm that everything is in order with the procedures that I have carried out, I can eliminate your fixer from the equation, then I'll try an earlier driver and see what happens. I have never personally had any problems using alt/enter in DX9 before so that is why I'm so puzzled by this recent development.

Many thanks once again,

Mike

****MIKE****

The fixer is one of the safest addons  to install and install. It changes nothing that has any impact in dx9 and the few things that it changes that impact dx10 it reverses when uninstalled.

All it changes are two textures, the compiled version of dx10 shaders, some dx10 only settings in fsx.cfg and effect files in a manner that can easily be reversed.

Ok thanks for the prompt reply Steve. I think I'll try an earlier driver and see what happens. The problem only started around the time that I uninstalled your fixer and updated the graphics driver so obviously those are the 2 things that I'm focusing on. Maybe it's something completely different 😕. I think I might try a new alt/enter thread and see if others have experienced this problem.

thanks again,  Mike

****MIKE****