Sign in to follow this  
sympilot

Can't Steer Airplane

I am a relatively new x-plane user and ran across a situation last night that I can't seem to figure out. I had a perfectly working pb11 and installed the Challenger 300 that was on sale. Once installed I couldn't get enough rudder deflection to steer past 20-30 degrees thus not being able to effectively taxi effectively at all. I figured I would post in that forum later about the issue and in the meantime I went back to the 172. When it spawned. it abruptly skidded 45 degrees to the right and slowly began to back up with no control or throttle input at all. I applied power and attempted to taxi and once again was not able to turn the aircrafy beyond the 20-30 degree threshold. I re calibrated my saitek pedals, made sure that AI was off, and made sure failures were off and after repeated attempts with other aircraft was still not able to resolve my issue. I posted in the .org forum but have yet to garner any responses and was hoping that I might be able to get some suggestions here. Any ideas?

This, I believe, is the result of the preferences folder becoming corrupted.

XP-11/Output/preferences folder is the one that probably causes the problems.

If you have a working copy of X-Plane (one that doesn't have steering problems), you can just copy the preferences folder from it, delete the same folder from the installation you are having problems with and paste the good one into its place.

If you don't have a working copy, simply delete the offending folder and run the installer again and it will rebuild, but you will have to reset all your controller devices.

Once you get it right (assuming that you have to re-do it) copy and paste the good folder into a safe place (like your documents page) so you can recover it if needed again.

John

• Upvote 1

John Wingold