Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

GSX push back

Hi,

irrespective of me saying "ground, p/b to the right or left", I get pushed back to the left (from the p/b driver's point of view.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks.

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Hm, now it is different. Did a flight yesterday said "p/b left" and the driver pushed me to the right.

So there seems to be a problem at least in my setup. Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Peter

I had a previous discussion on the foum (just search pushback) :

One point of clarification that I always get confused about, re MCE and GSX pushback requests:

If one request Ground Pushback Right, is that interpreted by GSX as 'Tail right' or 'Nose right'? Is it Right from the point of view of the pilot or the pushback truck driver?

Unquote

Gerald at FSS++ answered:

Tail Right

Point of view from Pushback truck.

Unquote

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Another influencer is the AFCAD. If the author did not distinquish between left and right or both options, GSX won't follow either and will go straight or anywhere it can take you alternatively.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Thank you. Yes I saw the discussion on p/b direction. I said "p/b left" but I got pushed back tail right from p/b car view.

Peter

Just to add to this that I have experienced this anomaly as well. I read the post of Stuart's and have tried it at random airports, sometimes I get the right pushback sometimes I don't. The last one was EGKK (UK2000) stand 11 or 12 in the Dash 8, I wanted a Tail left push (from tugs point of view) but got a tail right push.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but I keep searching to find a link to what it might be.

Rob

Thanks Rob, just had this happened in LOWS, asked for left and got tail right (p/b tug view).

Peter

My GSX menu clearly says "Tail left/nose right" etc. Are you saying your menues are saying something different? Or are you activating the pushback through some other means?

Andreh, we have the same menus as you, but when we ask for either PB left or right via MCE we aren't being pushed in the direction we are asking.

For example "Ground push back left" which should be aircraft tail left from the tugs view point, but we might get a push back tail to the right instead.

Rob

Gerald, did you have a chance to look at this? Especially flying online it would be good to have a predictable behaviour.

Peter

Peter

Gerald, did you have a chance to look at this? Especially flying online it would be good to have a predictable behaviour.

Peter

MCE doesn't do the pushing.

The only thing that matters is what option in GSX menu is selected and following which spoken command.

Once a menu selection is made, it's up to GSX.

See "phmcr" post regarding occasional hiccups with AFCAD.

Thanks Gerald. Then I have to click in the GSX menu popping up. I though a spoken command

would be sufficant.

Peter

Thanks Gerald. Then I have to click in the GSX menu popping up. I though a spoken command

would be sufficant.

No, there is no need to click the menu as MCE integration with GSX should cater for that.

What I meant was, when you tell mechanic "ground push back to the left", in MCE's world, you're asking for the tail to be pushed to "your left side", and MCE should be selecting first option in GSX menu.

"ground push back to the right" should get MCE to select option 2

"ground push back straight" should get it to select option 3.

If this doesn't work as above, it is something we have to look at.

Once the item is correctly selected, relative to spoken command, there is nothing we can do on our side to influence the push. GSX takes over after that.

Thanks, Gerald. The problem is that GSX pushes not always into the direction I asked for. But when I click the menu I get pushed the direction

I asked for.

Peter

Yes I have come across the same as Petermuc3, I request a push back, let's say left. The text picked up by MCE confirms I requested left, but at times I get a right pushback. I've tried this from the same stand and used GSX direct and the push back works fine no mater what direction I click.

Robi