Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

GSX push back

I tried the GSX p/b now several times with spoken commands and the the p/b direction was sometimes wrong sometimes right.

When I use the GSX menu I get always pushed back in the direction I asked for. So there must be something with the spoken command.

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Last night I was at LEIB stand 25, take off runway was 24. Given my stand I needed a pushback from my point of view "tail left", so from the view of the tug "tail right".

I asked for push back right, and got a push back to the right, but from my POV and not the tugs POV. So I ended up facing the wrong way, luckily I could request taxi via Taxi way Bravo rather than the assigned Alpha.

So something's amiss, but not sure what's the cause. I went back after my flight and tried the push backs via the menu and not using MCE and all requests worked as expected.

Rob

On ‎23‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 0:51 PM, FS++ said:

What I meant was, when you tell mechanic "ground push back to the left", in MCE's world, you're asking for the tail to be pushed to "your left side", and MCE should be selecting first option in GSX menu.

"ground push back to the right" should get MCE to select option 2

"ground push back straight" should get it to select option 3.

A problem might be that GSX does not always offer left, right and straight PB.

At some parking spots GSX only offers left and straight or only right and straight.

Sometimes (I guess on their own FSDT Airports) it even offers something like "pushback to Taxiway Alpha, facing North / South".

So if MCE always selects 1 for left, 2 for right and 3 for straight - without reading the actual GSX window - that won't work properly in many cases.

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

A problem might be that GSX does not always offer left, right and straight PB.

At some parking spots GSX only offers left and straight or only right and straight.

Sometimes (I guess on their own FSDT Airports) it even offers something like "pushback to Taxiway Alpha, facing North / South".

So if MCE always selects 1 for left, 2 for right and 3 for straight - without reading the actual GSX window - that won't work properly in many cases.

With regards to the push back options I was able to have all three, left, right and straight. I would have thought MCE would have been fine with that one.

Rob

GSX only offers the pushback options as per the airport scenery file. Using an editor such as ADE or AFX the pushback options for each gate can be changed to suit one's needs. Each gate or parking spot has the pushback arrangements built in.   Left, Right, Both, are the options available for each gate, parking spot.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

On 2/28/2017 at 6:32 PM, RALF9636 said:

Indeed.

That explains it. Will see what can be done.

Hi Gerald,

any news on this one? For the time being I am not using MCE to initiate pushback, especially when flying online.

Peter

On 4/9/2017 at 5:11 PM, Petermuc3 said:

Hi Gerald,

any news on this one? For the time being I am not using MCE to initiate pushback, especially when flying online.

Right now, interfacing always assumes....

Request pushback left - > Key 1

Request pushback Right - > Key 2

Request pushback straight - > Key 3

While this works for the vast majority of airport gates, obviously won't work for the odd parking from which you can only pull out one way  (and the options wouldn't be listed as expected).

Therefore, until we manage to read the actual GSX menu, if you know before hand that the gate you're at is tricky, don't trigger the push via voice, and just make the selection manually.

Thanks Gerald, not sure it even works on the clearly defined airports, I got pushed to the wrong side at EDDM Mega. Will try again.

Peter