Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Great XP11 video

What's the halo fix?

This: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/33482-real-halo/

It seems to work pretty well at night, if you want to diffuse the emitted light coming from street lights and airport lights.  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks Richard. I've grabbed the white lights, as they appeal more to me, and in the UK we are going over to white LED street lights over amber sodium, so these match what I see around me.

As real as it gets?  we are getting somewhere that is for sure.

This: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/33482-real-halo/

It seems to work pretty well at night, if you want to diffuse the emitted light coming from street lights and airport lights.  :smile:

Thanks Richard. I've grabbed the white lights, as they appeal more to me, and in the UK we are going over to white LED street lights over amber sodium, so these match what I see around me.

As real as it gets?  we are getting somewhere that is for sure.

Good stuff Guys - I downloaded these files but never got to try them out - looks like its time to   :dance:

Rich Sennett

Good stuff Guys - I downloaded these files but never got to try them out - looks like its time to   :dance:

The Real Halo, combined with the White Lights and Blue FX should give you a very true to life experience, unless of course you use XEnviro, then you're on your own.  :P

Joking aside, these should fit the bill until XP11 goes RTM.  I'm kinda hoping that LR takes some cues from the indy devs & creators to implement a little more immersive environment, mainly the sky and clouds, which would be a vast improvement and provide a good option for anyone not wanting to spend more money on 3rd party add-ons.  I know it's been the way of things for sims over the years, but it doesn't have to stay that way.  :smile:

• Upvote 2

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

The Real Halo, combined with the White Lights and Blue FX should give you a very true to life experience, unless of course you use XEnviro, then you're on your own.  :P

Good point have to see if it works with Xenviro - it should - thanks for the info Jim - hope LR get the skies sorted out soon - would be a welcome surprise 

What scares me is XP10 skies seem to have this banding from what I'v seen in YT videos and that should have been sorted outs years ago ?

Rich Sennett

What scares me is XP10 skies seem to have this banding from what I'v seen in YT videos and that should have been sorted outs years ago ?

I can't say I've seen that banding in XP10, and from the feedback and bug reports about it in XP11, it's on the to do list for Ben, so it's not that important currently.  I DO however, remember the sun (complete with sun flare) and moon and I do miss them in XP11.  I flew a quick hop from KPHX to KGCN, as I hadn't seen the Grand Canyon in XP yet, so it was an early evening flight, where the sun was setting.  The sky and clouds looked nice, but no sun or flare to cast.  :sad:

• Upvote 1

I like the different lighting colors, but man, that star effect on every light is annoying and unrealistic. Can that be turned off?

I know XP11 does a little of this star filter effect on bright lights when you're close on the ground, but they've been dialing it back recently. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I like the different lighting colors, but man, that star effect on every light is annoying and unrealistic. Can that be turned off?

I know XP11 does a little of this star filter effect on bright lights when you're close on the ground, but they've been dialing it back recently. 

One does not know how much was video editing - lighting may not be as drastic as you state before editing - either way looks amazing

Rich Sennett

I agree with you, and it's not in XP11. So it's something he changed

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I made the switch to X-Plane 11 and have to say I am really liking it. Wish there were more addons from of the famous P3D/FSX and hope PMDG crosses the line :) Otherwise I am excited. The quick and constant updates by the Xplane developers is promising. No more OOM.....!

• Upvote 1

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

So I created a test scenario, sitting at a stand at KBOS, in the evening.  I activated the Real Halo, new lights fix and Blue FX.  Below are screenshots from that combo, with the last one being the result of changing the coloring in Blue FX.  I kinda like how Blue FX works on the fly, with a nice half screen preview so you can see what the results would be.  There more to it and I'll experiment further.

Cessna_172SP_51.png

Cessna_172SP_53.png

Cessna_172SP_52.png

Cessna_172SP_54.png

• Upvote 5

The night environment is absolutely incredible, 2nd to none!  Wow, thanks for sharing.