Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Unexpected system shutdown

Several times already, in the middle of a flight, I had an unexpected system shutdown. The picture freezes and there's a sort of rattling noise comming from the speakers.

When I look in the event viewer, there are only a couple of messages about the system not shutting down properly, but nothing at all about what caused this. The last entry in the event viewer, before the shut down, was well over 2 hours before it happened. Theres no warning, no error, theres plenty of VAS available, the program isnt slowing down, everything seems to work as well as it gets...

I really dont have a clue what to look for, any ideas at all, about where to start, would be great.

Cheers!

Maarten

Dumb question, but you checked all 3 event logs right? (Application, System and Security).  Also, are you checking your thermal temps on the processor, maybe your CPU cooler is either failed or not working as it used to.

Just ideas...

• Upvote 1

I think it indeed was heat. In my mind it hasnt been that long since I last cleaned the fans, but I found quite a nasty layer of dust, covering the mesh on the fan from the watercooling...

Ready for a test flight, but I think this is going to make a big change.

Thanks, Mate!

Cheers!

Maarten

Heat is a nasty bugger, and one of the first things I look for if a system does a hard shutdown for no apparent reason.  I hope that was it, let me know if it keeps doing it.  We can keep troubleshooting.

Several times already, in the middle of a flight, I had an unexpected system shutdown. The picture freezes and there's a sort of rattling noise comming from the speakers.

When I look in the event viewer, there are only a couple of messages about the system not shutting down properly, but nothing at all about what caused this. The last entry in the event viewer, before the shut down, was well over 2 hours before it happened. Theres no warning, no error, theres plenty of VAS available, the program isnt slowing down, everything seems to work as well as it gets...

I really dont have a clue what to look for, any ideas at all, about where to start, would be great.

Have you tried to check minidump file yet? I think it was a BSOD error.

You can use BlueScreenViewer from Nirsoft to find out.