Sign in to follow this  
slk1

Gear lowering spontaneously in cruise

Hi - I would like to thank all those involved at PMDG in the development of the 747 400 ii. The codes, as best as I can understand them, controlling flight dynamics and the available options are incredible. A great sim.

I am not sure if it is related to the 747 itself or there is something else contributing to the gear lowering itself in flight - in cruise (not every flight?). I've searched the customer support forum and a general search but not found anything that may help. Anyone with any ideas as to this problem and how I can solve it would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

Shaun Keegan

Hi,

Are you sure you don't have a key/button that is assigned to the landing gear which you may press accidentally or that sends spikes?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Usually means you're running a USB device through an unpowered hub and the device isn't getting enough power, or you're running a USB 3.0 device on a USB 2.0 or lower port. Could also be button spikes.

Kyle Rodgers

Many thanks for the suggestions.

1. Assigned to my yoke - definitely no accidental pressing

2. Spikes? - not sure about that one - any more info?

3. I will reassign the USB device

Thanks again.

Shaun

2. Spikes? - not sure about that one - any more info?

Hardware that is old, not as high quality, or not receiving the proper power levels will occasionally erroneously report key presses. You can see this on calibration screens as a button lighting up without being pressed, and you can also see it in the X/Y Axis plot as a shivering + symbol in the chart (though a spike itself would be more of a big jump than the 'shivering' look most hardware has in that menu).

Kyle Rodgers

I did see a stream a week ago where this was happening and it was Chaseplane causing the issue for that person.

From EGFF to YSSY

I did see a stream a week ago where this was happening and it was Chaseplane causing the issue for that person.

I've heard of this, actually. Not sure what would cause it though.

Kyle Rodgers