Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

Voices in pro atc X

Hey!

So I've been trying voxatc a fair bit and have had issues with it so I'm trying proatc x now. I just wanted to ask if there was any way where you can get it to actually say the name of the airport rather then spelling it out? Same with the Sid and stars as well? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

No there isn't. Each airport name would have to be recorded in each voice and with many thousands of airports, that would take forever. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That's unfortunate. Wish there was a work around for it. How about city names and centre names, approach names etc?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Well are over 25000 airports. And all those would have to be recorded using all the standard Pro ATC voices. I don't know how many Centers there are, but again these would all need to be recorded in each voice. And then you have people like Marcel on the Pro ATC forums, who is running a project to add more voices to Pro ATC. It would mean a lot more more work in creating a voice set. Not to mention how much more storage space you would need on your hard drive.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

That's unfortunate. Wish there was a work around for it. How about city names and centre names, approach names etc?

Speech synthesis from text would cover everything. I think that's what VOXATC uses. And synthesis can be very good these days.

BUT good quality voices for synthesis are expensive -- each one has to be purchased for all the different controllers and AI pilots you might want, with varying world accents (if enough of those are actually available). The free Windows ones and other cheap ones are very, er, robotic.

Also, some preparation of the text often has to be done to make sure the synthesiser actually uses a reasonable pronunciation. As you know, words are often not pronounced as they are spelled (or rather vice versa). Phonetic spelling would work provided the phonemes used match what the synthesiser understands.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen