Sign in to follow this  
sd75lover

Fur Seat covers

Is there any options for fur seat covers?

on those long 7 hour flights, my bottom starts to hurt since the seat cover is so firm.

will it be included in an update?

Sheepskin covers available as an after market :P

That what we had in the C-414 and in my BMWs when i lived in Germany. Nice.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Sheepskin covers available as an after market :P

That what we had in the C-414 and in my BMWs when i lived in Germany. Nice.

does the boeing 777 come with sheep skin seat covers?

I have to admit that I also really miss those beige fur seat covers, as I think that they (would) add a lot to the appearance and atmosphere of the 747 cockpit with its typical warm, brownish colors.

And I really can't understand why PMDG didn't include them, as the large majority of 747-400s seems to be equipped with those seats, judging from all the cockpit photos of various airlines. Yes, I know, that's not a proof, but the fact that I could hardly find any photos of the grey seats on a 747-400 flight deck but hundreds with the beige fur seats somehow speaks for itself...

So much for "realistic airline options". :wink:

Already asked about it during the beta phase, but unfortunately no response.

Hi Kyle,

thanks a lot for the video showing the plethora of options! :smile:

However, there's one option which I miss... :ph34r:

It's the option of changing the type of seats. - Honestly, from all the real-world 747 flight deck photos and videos I've seen so far, I've almost never seen the seats with those grey cushions which are modeled here. In my personal impression, the large majority of 747s is equipped with the rather beige, fur type of seats, of which I think are typical for the 747 and adding a great deal to the overall impression of the brown-beige colors and atmosphere on the 747 flight deck: http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8411747

Here's a nice side-by-side comparison of both within one flight deck: http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8382690

However, I have the feeling that 99% of 747s are equipped with those: http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8276769

Are there any plans to add those seats as an option as well? :rolleyes:

Best regards

Olli

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

no sheep were harmed (or shorn) in the making of this addon!

• Upvote 2

And while procuring the skins please bring back some other lovely stuff from the 70s.

Hans

I was stationed in Greece in the 80s and brought home several flokati rugs, nice thick ones. My living room looked like the movie set for The Spy That Shagged Me hahaha

I see on Google they are still widely sold.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have to admit that I also really miss those beige fur seat covers, as I think that they (would) add a lot to the appearance and atmosphere of the 747 cockpit with its typical warm, brownish colors.

Just an FYI, the sheep skin seat covers you are referring to are wool, not fur.  :P

A few sheep did participate in these textures. Click on pic for larger.

sheep%202ps-XL.png

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png