Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

777 or 747?

In English and am not having a go at you Emanual it's just the wording is wrong :) it should read like this.

"On one hand no German airline flies the 777 in pax service, on the other hand I like the 747 more from a piloting point of view".

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

"On one hand...".

And I've always thought it is 'On the one hand'.

You learn something every day. :smile:

• Upvote 4

In English and am not having a go at you Emanual it's just the wording is wrong :) it should read like this.

"On one hand no German airline flies the 777 in pax service, on the other hand I like the 747 more from a piloting point of view".

It's "on the one hand", David - kind greetings from Germany!   :P

EDIT:

Rafal beat me to it - so kind greetings from Germany and from Poland, David!!!   :P :P

Edited by The Undecided
  • Upvote 2

Unpoular opinion - I like the 737 best :-)

All 3 are on top level - I own all 3. Cannot really decide which one is the best.

I am still waiting for FS2Crew for the Queen before start flying it more often.

You can say that...

Its said more offend than not how I said it, but hey what do I know I just spent 54 years here :) 

All joking aside you can say it " On the one hand and on the other hand....."

How people ever lean English is beyond me.... i before e aspect after C and that's not always true....... :vava:

German's seem to speak it really well, I take my hat off to them.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm sure they do, but taking into consideration that German belongs to the same language family as English and shows a lot of similarity (both in grammar in vocabulary), just think of people of completely different language groups (my native language included) who seem to use very good if not perfect English here.

By the way are you sure about this apostrophe in your 'German's'? :P

I have thought (many times) what it must be like to be a native English speaker and be able not to care about learning other languages when everybody uses yours. It must be a nice feeling, I guess (envy mode).

No am not sure about the 's, my gamma and spelling has always been terrible due to being dialectics and know one know about it when i was at school, so I just live with it.

If I spoke another language it would be Spanish. 

Yes we are very "lucky" to get the world speaking our language when you think how small the UK is. The yanks sort of speak English...J/K ofc.

Really am the last person to teach anyone English  :sad:

(...)

Except for Günther Oettinger. :P (Check out his YT vids!)

Back on topic:

It's the B747. You're all very welcome indeed.   :Party:

Except for Günther Oettinger. :P (Check out his YT vids!)

I've just checked - nice! Just a little tiny bit of German accent. :wink:

Must be a bit specific though - check this video at 04:16"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riwKuKSbFDs#

Back on topic: It's the B747.

Fully agreed even though I haven't bought the Queen v3 yet (those FSX/P3D dilemmas...).

It is objectively newer, feature-richer, etc. But certainly it is also about personal preferences. I, for instance, have always felt love towards the Jumbo and never liked 777.

Of course I bought PMDG 777 (who could resist a PMDG jet for more than a month?) and it certainly is a great product but I found myself flying it way too seldom.

mmh, yeah, my English may not be not the yellow from the egg ;)

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

mmh, yeah, my English may not be not the yellow from the egg ;)

I hope we have a little bit lucky! - Lothar Matthäus

:fool:

We start learning English in 5. grade here in Germany. And it helps a lot. I work for a big German automotive supplier and we have 55.000 people worldwide and only 4000 of them in Germany. So you NEED English.

BTT: I would go for the 747.... when I need to decide between 747 and 777.

I have both plane but a lot of hours on the 777.I like both but the 747 is like a legend and i have more fps (2-3) than the 777.

When you have to fly it's difficult to chose one or the other  :P

For now i have like 10 flights on the 747 and coming from the 777 it's easy to fly, i mean this 2 planes are very easy to fly when you started the simulation with the first 737 of pmdg.I will not say one is better of the otther, they are very good together.

It's a close call but the 747 just wins for me.  For me, I get slightly better performance with the 747 (although I have no issues with performance on the 777 either; it's just slightly better with the 747).  The PMDG 777 is 4 years old this year but to be honest still feels absolutely brand new and up to date - so I wouldn't let the "newness factor" of the 747 influence your decision.

Just go with the one that fundamentally interests you most, or that would fit better with the routes and airlines you like to simulate. :smile:

For me, it's mostly:-

777 - Pax and Cargo

747 - Cargo

PS.... You can enjoy short haul routes with both, as I understand JAL and ANA operate both on short haul domestic routes in Japan.  The 747D for sure, but also some 777s too I believe.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

It's a close call but the 747 just wins for me.  For me, I get slightly better performance with the 747 (although I have no issues with performance on the 777 either; it's just slightly better with the 747).  The PMDG 777 is 4 years old this year but to be honest still feels absolutely brand new and up to date - so I wouldn't let the "newness factor" of the 747 influence your decision.

Just go with the one that fundamentally interests you most, or that would fit better with the routes and airlines you like to simulate. :smile:

For me, it's mostly:-

777 - Pax and Cargo

747 - Cargo

PS.... You can enjoy short haul routes with both, as I understand JAL and ANA operate both on short haul domestic routes in Japan.  The 747D for sure, but also some 777s too I believe.

Bill, one short haul if you want call it that is United SFO-HNL which I've been on. Its an ER not an LR but that's still a fairly short haul for that a/c.

• Upvote 1