Sign in to follow this  
lucasgozzard

747-800

HI,

How do I obtain the 747-800 expansion pack?

Thanks.

Lucas.

Firstly, there is no such thing as a 747-800.

Secondly, if you mean the 747-8i and -8F, you can get it here, when it is released:  http://www.precisionmanuals.com/index.html

It has not yet been released, it will probably be several months away.

• Upvote 1

Hi Wes,

You're actually mistaken mate. Korean Air has a 747-800 in their fleet.

Yes I was referring to those products. Ok no worries. I will keep an eye out.

not even the Korean Air website mentions a 747-800.

maybe  iam wrong  on this  but  found  this

http://www.travelingformiles.com/korean-air-accelerates-747-800-service-to-new-york/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My best attempt to explain is, that the -8 actually is the -800, but Boeing wanted to skip the two '0's to conform to the notation of the B787 variants and to remind people that the -8 uses some of the 787 technology.

Gents,

For clarity:

The 747-800 is not a thing.

With the earlier variants, they were named as 747-100, 747-200, and so on. The company code was added as an infix. In other words, the company code "overwrote" the last two numbers of the variant: 747-467. Due to this, the proper reference to the aircraft is the 747-400, and a reference to the aircraft plus customer code is 747-467.

With the 747-8, the company code is a suffix. In other words, the company code is simply tacked on to the end: 747-830. Due to this, the proper reference to the aircraft is the 747-8, and a reference to the aircraft plus customer code is 747-830.

You would not refer to the aircraft as the "eight hundred." It's simply the "dash eight." Even when you're referring to the customer code, you simply say "eight - thirty," or "eight - nine L." This is exactly how you'd refer to a 400 customer code: "four - sixty seven," but this is due to the infix/suffix change.

----------

Also, the reference to some random publication as "evidence" that -800 is correct is about as 'correct' as relying on the news for aviation facts. Keep in mind that it was CNN who gave us the gem of "aircraft will struggle to maintain altitude when out of fuel." And when jetBlue had a gear malfunction, they called up some crack private pilot and simply called that person a "pilot" to come up with the crazy theory that the plane would flip and all kinds of other sensationalistic things, when in reality, any pilot worth bringing on air would've said the same anti-climactic thing: the plane will land, the nose gear will come down, the tire will wear or slip off, and there will be sparks. Done.

TL;DR: Random internet sources (particularly outside of the aviation realm, but even in it) aren't exactly the best sources for aviation facts.

----------

EDIT:

To answer the OP's question: you obtain the -8 by purchasing it in the same way the -400 was purchased. This of course, will only be an option when the -8 releases (which is has not yet).

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Wes,

You're actually mistaken mate. Korean Air has a 747-800 in their fleet.

Yes I was referring to those products. Ok no worries. I will keep an eye out.

A quick look at Korean Air's own website lists it as the Boeing 747-8I.

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/traveling/fleet-info.html

A quick look at Boeing's website lists it as the Boeing 747-8.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/747/

One would hope that the aircraft manufacturer knew what they were talking about.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Gents,

For clarity:

With the earlier variants, they were named as 747-100, 747-200, and so on. The company code was added as an infix. In other words, the company code "overwrote" the last two numbers of the variant: 747-467. Due to this, the proper reference to the aircraft is the 747-400, and a reference to the aircraft plus customer code is 747-467.

With the 747-8, the company code is a suffix. In other words, the company code is simply tacked on to the end: 747-830. Due to this, the proper reference to the aircraft is the 747-8, and a reference to the aircraft plus customer code is 747-830.

You would not refer to the aircraft as the "eight hundred." It's simply the "dash eight." Even when you're referring to the customer code, you simply say "eight - thirty," or "eight - nine L." This is exactly how you'd refer to a 400 customer code: "four - sixty seven," but this is due to the infix/suffix change.

----------

Also, the reference to some random publication as "evidence" that -800 is correct is about as 'correct' as relying on the news for aviation facts. Keep in mind that it was CNN who gave us the gem of "aircraft will struggle to maintain altitude when out of fuel." And when jetBlue had a gear malfunction, they called up some crack private pilot and simply called that person a "pilot" to come up with the crazy theory that the plane would flip and all kinds of other sensationalistic things, when in reality, any pilot worth bringing on air would've said the same anti-climactic thing: the plane will land, the nose gear will come down, the tire will wear or slip off, and there will be sparks. Done.

TL;DR: Random internet sources (particularly outside of the aviation realm, but even in it) aren't exactly the best sources for aviation facts.

----------

EDIT:
To answer the OP's question: you obtain the -8 by purchasing it in the same way the -400 was purchased. This of course, will only be an option when the -8 releases (which is has not yet).

A brilliant explanation on coding by Kyle. (assuming you didn't know this, which I didn't!).

It's the "dash eight" which hasn't been released yet. But easy to see how confusing 747 coding is.

Forum rules apply, Lucas; full names on postings.

Bernard Walford

Gents,

For clarity:

----------

----------

EDIT:

Im aussming one would have to own the -400 base pack first. Im clarifying this because a lot of people are expecting to get the -8 as a standalone

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Im aussming one would have to own the -400 base pack first. Im clarifying this because a lot of people are expecting to get the -8 as a standalone

I believe so.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Keep in mind that it was CNN who gave us the gem of "aircraft will struggle to maintain altitude when out of fuel."

No doubt this is what CNN was thinking of.  Please see Post #22 in this thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493429-unrealistic-787-wing-flexon-pmdg-777-main-landing-gear-does-not-lift-on-rotate/page-2

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2