Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

PMDG 747 Comparison

I currently own all of the PMDG 747 except for the new ' Queen of the Skies. It is always started ready to fly, not from

cold and dark. Just wondering if it's worth buying the new PMDG Queen of the skies.If the answer is yes, then why?

In my opinion yes. But it's highly a subjective question.

The systems, the immersion of the sounds, the level of details they've created the modelling both inside and out... but again - it's highly a subjective question.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

• weather radar (requires ASN or AS16),
  • terrain on ND,
  • very good textures,
  • additional visual effects in the VC like sun flares,
  • no. of models and variants included,
  • airline options varying with liveries,
  • nice low VAS footprint,
  • smooth performance even with low fps (equals high graphics ettings, lower settings are totally possible)
  • auto-cruise feature
  • two independent sides modeled (onside and offside CDUs/navigation displays, for example)
  • custom ground friction model
  • and many more, see:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/502857-30jan17-pmdg-747-400-queen-of-the-skies-ii-welcome-to-release-week/

Oliver,

Does it have the option of automatic fuel management on the model that requires one to switch on/off cross flow valves when fuel tanks reach certain levels?  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Oliver,

Does it have the option of automatic fuel management on the model that requires one to switch on/off cross flow valves when fuel tanks reach certain levels?

Options are:

• fuel management automatic - sim will not pause during auto-cruise
  • fuel management by user - sim will pause in auto-cruise when pilot action is required

So there's something for everyone.

EDIT:

Auto fuel management seems to be restricted to auto-cruise, though. (The amplified procedures in the FCOM again are very clear as far as manual reconfigurations are concerned.)

Edited by The Undecided

I currently own all of the PMDG 747 except for the new ' Queen of the Skies. It is always started ready to fly, not from

cold and dark. Just wondering if it's worth buying the new PMDG Queen of the skies.If the answer is yes, then why?

You have the option in the FMC to select Cold and Dark, Long Turn or Short Turn so this should not be a problem as to how it starts up.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I went ahead and made the purchase and am in the middle of setting up Chase Plane. Very impressed with what I've seen.

I went ahead and downloaded a lot of liveries through the PMDG Website. Out of about fifteen liveries, most don't have a picture or a good

description of which airline it is in the FSX Hanger. Does anyone have an idea about this?

Not really sure what you mean here...

Liveries for the 747v3, isn't - at least to my knowledge - downloaded through the PMDG website - but through the Operations Center. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The myriad of free liveries alone is excellent, the iFly 747v2 had jack for liveries and installing them was a PITA.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

And it does everything the other can do

Not for cargo pilots. :Shame On You:

Nothing against the iFly 744.

I myself have it in my hangar.