Sign in to follow this  
Holly71

Strange issue with the 747 V3

Hello :)

Today for the third time I´ve got a very strange problem. I tried to load the 747 in P3D V3 and it loaded extremly slowly and did not finished the loading process. It ends im some kind of freeze.  What I have noticed it that the FPS during this process were extremely low 1,5! Normally evrything works fine with around 30 FPS.

PC Restart, driver reinstall or older drivers install, cfg rebuilt, back to HF2 (P3D) and the latest fsuipc reinstall didn´t solve the problem. Once I´ve got the issue I can´t stop it. Only a reinstall of the 747 and deleting the 747 folder in in the PMDG root folder before solve the problem. But as I already have said meanwhile I´ve got it for the third time   :sad:

What it makes so strange is that I also use the PMDG NGX und B777 which do not have that issue!? It is only the 747.

For sure you can imagine that the steady reinstalls are very annoying becaus everything has to setup again.

I´m using Win 10 and a Geforce 970 GC.

Yor help is very appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance! 

Best Regards,

Holger Mut

Hello Holger,

Anything in the event viewer in Windows?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hello Jude,

no nothing. I would say the sim doesn´t crash it only goes slower and slower ...

Nothing in P3D menu can be used during that.

Best Regards,

Holger Mut

What processor do you have and what are your other addons? 

I7 2600K

PMDG B737NGX

PMDG B777

FSL A320

Majestic Dash

Hifi AS2016 + ASCA

FTX Global + FTX Landclass + FTX Vector

GSX

and of course a huge bunch of sceneries like fly tampa, fs dreamteam an so on ...

Best Regards,

Holger Mut

As you probably know the PMDG 747 is a really heavy addon which would cause FPS drop. I use the amazing i7 4790k in my system, and only just pull 30fps with 747 below 10000ft, and I have significantly less addon scenery then you seem to have. 

I hate to make assumptions but maybe your computer cannot handle all of this? But then you say it solved for a while then went back to being strange so that cannot be the issue. Go into the fsx files and delete the logbook.ini and start fsx. 

Makesure you have the highmefix=1 tweak in the graphics section of your fsx.cfg file

report back

will.

First thank you all!

I don´t think that I have a generelly performance problem as all other aircrafts run very smooth. I don´t use the highest settings. Even the FSL Airbus runs nice (for my demands) on my system.

I use P3D V3 and not FSX. The highmefix thing is in by default or not longer neccessary. Not really sure about that.

Generelly the Queen runs very nice like all other aircrafts. No other showstopper issues so far. But this one is really mysterious ;)

Meanwhile I already did a reinstall and it works again. I have to wait until the issue is back again to try the log file thing. Further more I did a copy of the 747 PMDG folder in order overwrite the current file if it happens again. because a simple deinstallation an reinstallation don´t solve the problem. Seems that I have to delete the 747 folder manually before reinstalling again. 

Best Regards,

Holger Mut

Oh apologies I did not see that part! Thats where my support ends! :( I would encourage you to message PMDG they are all lovely people and will be happy to help. As you said this is indeed very strange! I hope you find a solution 

Regards,

Will