Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

LOD13 mesh for Europe

Hi all,

I am in the process of transitioning from my FTX Global / OpenLC product to photoscenery for Europe. As I fly mostly in Europe I find it much more immersive and realistic than the artificial patterns of FTXG. My next quest is search for a good mesh, and as most photosceneries have an accuracy of 1m/pixel, I am interested in the high res LOD13 (5m) mesh products. In the past I have purchased FSGenesis NextMap bundle for Europe, but as the website moved I can't find my purchases and there is no answer from the developer some days now since I emailed him. The question I have is whether the product I have purchased some years ago (2012-2013) is a 19m mesh or the one selling now is an updated product. For reference my Germany mesh size is 1.26 Gb. If anyone knows I'd be glad to know.  So, searching for a LOD13 mesh I get various results. I found for example a freeware for Spain that is supposed to be LOD13 but it is only around 1Gb in size and find it suspicious to try. I'm sure there some quality freeware but I would like to avoid elevation problems in airports that take time to solve.

In commercial products the best in my opinion seems to be nextMesh, from FranceVFR : 

http://www.fsmesh.com/en/

If I am about to buy the individual countries in LOD13 its a lot of money, but I can do one at a month if its really worth it. Else there is also the LOD11 bundle for less cost.

My question is, do you guys have experience with this product? I searched for some comparison screenshots of LOD11 LOD13 but couldn't find any..

Thank you very much for your time! :)

EDIT: Running the FS Genesis NEXTMap installer I see that they include multi-LOD terrain from LOD9 to LOD12 with a compression quality of 99%. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I noticed there's an upgrade sale ending the 28'th. I wonder if it would be worth it compared to the Ultimate version I currently have for Europe and Africa.

Did you upgrade from the previous version Dale?

Richard Åsberg

There is a full photo-real scenery 1m / pixel with LOD13 Mesh and high quality auto-gen for FSX-P3D for Spain, including the balearic and canary islands.

This freeware is widely used by the community of AirHispania Virtual Airlines

http://www.airhispania.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2506&sid=a3387a79741ccde8f1a99442e33ceda3

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Thank you very much guys. Alvaro this seems very good job, wondering if its better than MegaSceneryEarth. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Hi Daedalus

The scenery used by the AirHispania community is free and IMHO the best. The Autogen is very good.

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia - AHS712D

OMAA

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

The downside for FS Global Ultimate is 80gb, and i have FS2010 FTX Edition - 25gb.

I dunno if I can let 80gb just be used up by one app on my 512gb ssd

To me I would say it depends on how much better it would be vs what I already have. SSDs are becoming cheaper and cheaper :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Hi all,

I am in the process of transitioning from my FTX Global / OpenLC product to photoscenery for Europe. As I fly mostly in Europe I find it much more immersive and realistic than the artificial patterns of FTXG. My next quest is search for a good mesh, and as most photosceneries have an accuracy of 1m/pixel, I am interested in the high res LOD13 (5m) mesh products. In the past I have purchased FSGenesis NextMap bundle for Europe, but as the website moved I can't find my purchases and there is no answer from the developer some days now since I emailed him. The question I have is whether the product I have purchased some years ago (2012-2013) is a 19m mesh or the one selling now is an updated product. For reference my Germany mesh size is 1.26 Gb. If anyone knows I'd be glad to know.  So, searching for a LOD13 mesh I get various results. I found for example a freeware for Spain that is supposed to be LOD13 but it is only around 1Gb in size and find it suspicious to try. I'm sure there some quality freeware but I would like to avoid elevation problems in airports that take time to solve.

In commercial products the best in my opinion seems to be nextMesh, from FranceVFR : 

http://www.fsmesh.com/en/

If I am about to buy the individual countries in LOD13 its a lot of money, but I can do one at a month if its really worth it. Else there is also the LOD11 bundle for less cost.

My question is, do you guys have experience with this product? I searched for some comparison screenshots of LOD11 LOD13 but couldn't find any..

Thank you very much for your time! :)

EDIT: Running the FS Genesis NEXTMap installer I see that they include multi-LOD terrain from LOD9 to LOD12 with a compression quality of 99%. 

Hi

Not sure if this will interest you, But I've been using mesh from here,

http://ninetwopro.com/ and its free ! 

I have downloaded the whole lot but only used the European scenery at the moment, like yourself most of my flying is VFR in & around Europe. When I've sussed out how to add pictures I will.

Regards

Bal 

-2017-feb-19-001.jpg

-2017-feb-19-002.jpg

-2017-feb-19-003.jpg

-2017-feb-19-004.jpg