Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Best Joystick single engine light aircraft

Hi

Been with this hobby for over 20 years and always flying the low and slow Cessnas and Pipers for which I have enjoyed the CH and Saitek yokes.

My present interest is with ultralight aircraft like Ants Airplane Tecnam Sierra or the Realair Legacy. Both these aircraft use stick rather than yoke so I figure I will invest in a joystick for the sake of a little realism :) Can anyone recommend a good joystick for a civilian smaller aircraft. I already have the Saitek TPM for throttle/Prop/Mixture so I dont need one of those military joysticks that include a seprate military style throttle. I have had my eyes on the Thrustmater Warthog flightstick (the one sold seprate without throttle) or perhaps the Saitek X52 Pro.

Any idea/experience/recommendation for a joysticks with light single engine aircraft in mind would be much appreciated, if possible one that does not look too military style although a realsitic feel is most important regardless of the look :) (I already use and enjoy Saitek rudder pedals for the rudder movement)

Thanks

Mike   

The Thrustmaster T.16000M uses tech similar to the Warthog's for the X- and Y-axis, but has a more appealing price tag. It also has fairly strong centering forces which make it a very precise controller.

Have used it mainly for the FSL A320-X for a couple of months, but it's fine for helicopters, trainers and a number of GA planes as well.

Can be configured for left-hand and right-hand use, has just about the right amount of buttons on the stick (trim, PTT, A/P disconnect) and a few more on the base.

It also has a "twist" for the rudder axis (I prefer pedals) and a single small-ish slider with a limited range for the throttle (I prefer a separate controller).

It was 60 EUR including P&P and 19% German VAT (so more like 50 bucks without the VAT), and I've been a happy bunny since it arrived.

The Thrustmaster T.16000M uses tech similar to the Warthog's for the X- and Y-axis, but has a more appealing price tag. It also has fairly strong centering forces which make it a very precise controller.

Have used it mainly for the FSL A320-X for a couple of months, but it's fine for helicopters, trainers and a number of GA planes as well.

Can be configured for left-hand and right-hand use, has just about the right amount of buttons on the stick (trim, PTT, A/P disconnect) and a few more on the base.

It also has a "twist" for the rudder axis (I prefer pedals) and a single small-ish slider with a limited range for the throttle (I prefer a separate controller).

It was 60 EUR including P&P and 19% German VAT (so more like 50 bucks without the VAT), and I've been a happy bunny since it arrived.

I have had all kinds of yokes am joysticks over the years, the Thrustmaster T 16000M is the best one I have found, and with hall IC's it won't drift. For Throttle and Prop I use the LogiTech Throttle Quadrant which is the former SaiteK TC, now being sold again.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310