Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XP10 and XP11 NOTAM---you'll probably want to read this...

So as I understand these posts, Laminar only provides the mechanical workings of the X--plane program and it is up to the user to find, buy,install all the missing scenery files? I can see not having every airport as 3D but to not even put in the ground around the Alaskan airports and any others that are too far north/south of a certain point is plain crazy. I would think that a "Flat" or generic terrain would be better than none

It's not crazy. It's because for XP11, like XP10, they're still distributing both a download version and a physical copy that comes on eight DVD's. It's a question of squeezing the data so it fits on those 8 DVD's, while still maintaining reasonable terrain resolution. 

XP10 was able to include Alaska and Norway comfortably on 8 DVDs, and presumably it's harder for XP11 because either the resolution went up a bit, or there is just more OSM data to include on top of the terrain. And I guess they didn't want to add more DVDs for the physical release of XP11 to keep the costs down. At any rate, I believe they've figured it out and it will all be on the DVDs when XP11 goes final. You still may want to add the HDv3 or HDv1 higher resolution mesh as an option on top of that.

My guess is that this is probably the last major version that will distribute as a physical copy, so it won't be an issue for XP12. Maybe we'll even get Antarctica in the default terrain.  :smile:

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Will our beta copies turn into the full real version with some sort of final update, or will we need to download it separately?

Terry

Will our beta copies turn into the full real version with some sort of final update, or will we need to download it separately?

We'll probably just get a notice when launching the sim that a new version is available for download, and that will be the final one. That's been the case with previous XP10 versions, which start as betas and then become RC 1, RC 2, etc. and then final. It's seamless for the end-user.

And then the cycle continues if you opt into trying the follow-on betas after XP11 goes "final," because X-Plane doesn't stand still.  :smile:

So my key code should  work on the  on the final as it has on all of these betas and the full version of X-plane 10?

Terry

As far as I know, yes. It should be a seamless update to the final version.

Hi all,

If anyone can be concerned, our Antarctica4XPlane project has begun to produce meshes of parts of Antarctica and some research Bases and airstrips, which work perfectly on both X-Plane 10 and 11.
You will find all the informations about it on our site:

Maps2XPlane site

or starting from a summary table that I realized from which you can reach the information sheets of about 40 airports and more than 130 research Bases, as well as a mapping on the continent realized with QGIS Cloud, which you will find here:

Summary table

Cheers
Nino

Screenshot of Dry Walleys

QGIS Cloud map

• Upvote 1