Sign in to follow this  
JACKIETOOLS

Flight1 GPS

Can someone please tell me where to find which add on aircraft for FSX are compatible with which Flight1 Garmin  GPS's. I really like the 750 but I am not sure which aircraft it will fit in. Is the 650 the same but with a smaller screen. Are some only compatible with the 530/430?  I have a lot of questions but apparently you cannot get on the forum until you purchase the product. I do not intend to purchase the product until I can get simple questions answered. What happens if the panels are installed but you want to use default FSX flight plan? Is that possible? Does anyone know where I can get some of my questions answered. Thank You.

"Out of the box", a number of GA airplanes can be configured with a Flight1 GTN gauge.

Examples:

- a2a C182,Cherokee,Comanche

- Alabeo Seminole

- Carenado Caravan II and Aero commander

- JustFlight Socata Trinidad

Yes, the 650 is a half-height version of the 750.

The default FSX flight plan is not compatible with the GTN units,

the GTN has its own Garmin navigation database and flight plan.

The Flight1 GNS gauges are a bit more complicated.. they are a newcomer

and I do not know of any aircraft that support them natively.

The earlier RXP GNS gauges are supported in the above a2a aircraft,

and can in turn be replaced by the newer Flight1 version.

Personally, I would get the Flight1 GTN750.  See here for examples

of aircraft with GTN gauges in the panel (many of them are aftermarket mods..)

http://www.simforums.com/forums/screenshot-forum_forum26.html

Bert

I see you posted in their General forum just a couple hours ago.

That may be the best place for pre-purchase (official) information if not covered on their product sales page.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

The Flight1 GNS gauges are a bit more complicated.. they are a newcomer

and I do not know of any aircraft that support them natively.

The new Flight 1 GNS 430/530 products come with a configurator that automatically installs them into any addons that use the Reality XP units.    So effectively the Flight 1 units are compatible with any aircraft that are compatible with the Reality XP units.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

As far as A2A goes, the GTN750 and 650 fits most of their planes, the exceptions being the vintage aircraft which only accept GTN650 due to limited panel space. (Connie, T-6, Civil Mustang).  The Cub, B-17, P-47, Spitfire, P-40 and Military Mustang do not have any GTN support.  The 377 COTS does not support GTN now, but it will possibly get some COTS updates which *might include a GTN650 provision.

Thanks "Vonmar". Appreciate the reply. Is the 750 compatible with the Aerosoft Twin Otter? Also you state the GNS gauges are more complicated but are they not an older version? What are earlier RXP gauges? Are the Reality XP? Isn't that a different company or has Flight1 merged with them. I'm a bit confused here. Did Flight1 get the license to Reality's GNS gauges? Sorry for all the questins but if I am going to spend 50-100 dollars I would like to know exactly what I am getting. Thanks for your time.

The new Flight 1 GNS 430/530 products come with a configurator that automatically installs them into any addons that use the Reality XP units.    So effectively the Flight 1 units are compatible with any aircraft that are compatible with the Reality XP units.

Never used any add on GPS units before so not sure which aircraft can use which GPS units. Rather not have drop downs to use them. Would like them to mount directly into cockpit. Thanks.

RXP = Reality-XP, different company from Flight1.

Aerosoft Twin Otter does not accept an aftermarket GPS in the panel.

Bert

Never used any add on GPS units before so not sure which aircraft can use which GPS units. Rather not have drop downs to use them. Would like them to mount directly into cockpit. Thanks.

The Reality XP GNS units are compatible with more addon aircraft than any other aftermarket GPS units (mainly because it's been out for many years). So plenty of choice.   Almost all Carenado and most Alabeo (other than G1000 aircraft) can use the Reality XP units - thus meaning they can also use the Flight 1 GNS units.

In all Carenado and Alabeo cases they integrate seamlessly into the VC - popups not required (although they are also provided).

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

T

RXP = Reality-XP, different company from Flight1.

Aerosoft Twin Otter does not accept an aftermarket GPS in the panel.

hats too bad. I like flying the Twin Otter ever since a Grand Canyon tour took from Boulder City to the South rim! Thanks for the info

S

The Reality XP GNS units are compatible with more addon aircraft than any other aftermarket GPS units (mainly because it's been out for many years). So plenty of choice.   Almost all Carenado and most Alabeo (other than G1000 aircraft) can use the Reality XP units - thus meaning they can also use the Flight 1 GNS units.

In all Carenado and Alabeo cases they integrate seamlessly into the VC - popups not required (although they are also provided).

GNS are the 430/530? Does that mean I should steer clear of the 750/650? If it it fits the 530 unit shouldn't it fit the 650? Thanks

GNS are the 430/530? Does that mean I should steer clear of the 750/650? If it it fits the 530 unit shouldn't it fit the 650? Thanks

The GTN is Garmin's latest gear - it is a big improvement over the older GNS line.

I would get the GTN750 and put it in your Turbine Duke (assuming you have the V2 version).

If you really like the GNS units - then by all means go with them, your call..

Bert

TwinOtter FSX/P3D
"I like flying the Twin Otter ever since a Grand Canyon tour took from Boulder City to the South rim!"

Just for info:
Bad fit in VC but map and some functions ok from VC

Ok as popup .. I put it on a second monitor.

VC-TO-Badfit_zpsniw46fma.jpg

TO-PU_zpsyuh3wjs7.jpg

Best Regards,

The GTN is Garmin's latest gear - it is a big improvement over the older GNS line.

I would get the GTN750 and put it in your Turbine Duke (assuming you have the V2 version).

Thanks. I have so many add on aircraft I cannot even list them. I do have both versions of the Duke. Guess with some I'll live with the drop down menu.

TwinOtter FSX/P3D

"I like flying the Twin Otter ever since a Grand Canyon tour took from Boulder City to the South rim!"

Just for info:

Bad fit in VC but map and some functions ok from VC

Ok as popup .. I put it on a second monitor.

VC-TO-Badfit_zpsniw46fma.jpg

TO-PU_zpsyuh3wjs7.jpg

Maybe the 650 would have fit?

"Maybe the 650 would have fit?"

I did not purchase the 650 .. maybe another pilot could comment on it.

Best Regards,

Of course I like the 750/650 better but it also is a matter of it not having to be drop down in other aircraft. If an aircraft fits the 530(ex. Carenado Bonanza) will it also fit the 650? If so I could fit most of the aircraft that do not support the 750 with the 650 instead? Maybe I'll have to by both if the 650 will fit in 530 compatible aircraft. What do you think.? Thanks

Just to confirm, what exactly do you mean by a "drop down" ?

Do you mean pop-up panels of the gauges?    Or a drop down menu on the screen?

The 430 and 530 are a related line of avionics.  The 650 and 750 are a seperate line of related avionics.   So, in terms of proper VC integration in addon aircraft, a 650 won't "fit" in a 430 space, where the addon developer has only provided integration for the 430.

Basically, there are two different ways of getting any of these units integrated into an aircraft's VC:-

Custom integration

The aircraft developer has designed the aircraft with optional integration of the said gauge into the aircraft. It is usually necessary to run a configurator to replace default avionics with the Reality XP 430/530 or Flight 1 GTN650/750.   (Some developers only provide integration for one of the units;   eg. Reality XP 530 only (not 430), or Flight 1 GTN750 only (not 650).    These are offered by Carenado, Alabeo, RealAir, A2A, Milviz and others.

User / community integration

These are best described as workarounds by the community. You can get the gauges into an aircraft but there will be anomolies in terms of visual appearances. (Most commonly, a GTN750 unit placed into the outer casing of a GNS530 unit in the VC).

Bill

UK LAPL-A