Sign in to follow this  
JACKIETOOLS

Flight1 GPS

"Maybe the 650 would have fit?"

I did not purchase the 650 .. maybe another pilot could comment on it.

No, the 650 would not fit.

Of course I like the 750/650 better but it also is a matter of it not having to be drop down in other aircraft. If an aircraft fits the 530(ex. Carenado Bonanza) will it also fit the 650? If so I could fit most of the aircraft that do not support the 750 with the 650 instead? Maybe I'll have to by both if the 650 will fit in 530 compatible aircraft. What do you think.? Thanks

That is what I did... I have the GTN650 installed in my Bonanzas and Baron, and the 750 installed in other aircraft.

BTW, the Carenado Bonanzas have a 430, which is what you probably meant..

It all depends on the specific radio stack in the cockpit.

Sometimes it fits cleanly, in other cases, like the Twotter, not so much..

Bert

Hi everyone,

I'm desperate to fix my issue with my Flight 1 GTN 750. I have installed FSX SE, Realair Lancair Legacy V2, GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211 and finally Flight 1 GTN 750.

I can't figure out how to integrate the GTN 750 in the 3D cockpit. I can only select the default one from FSX. I think I should be able to select the GTN from the Legacy V2 Config Panel, but noting else than the Default one from FSX.

I ran F1GTN Config and configured the GTN with the Lancair Legacy V2 (looks like it worked so far).

Can anyone help me please?

To add to Bert's earlier list the GTN750 can also be added "out of the box" to the VCs of the Alabeo Aztec and Navajo Chieftain and to the Carenado Dornier 228, F406 Caravan and Navajo. 

I have lots of addon aircraft and have tested the GTN750 with most of them and, for anyone who is happy to run it in the 2D pop up window, the 750 will synchronise with most autopilots (but not all!). Even when the 750 is integrated into the VC I sometimes run it in a 2D window on a second monitor. That however is a personal preference for me for ease of access to a larger window and indeed I also find it useful to run other 2D control panels such as the autopilot, if available, on the second monitor.

Bill

The GTN750 has changed flight simming for me.  It's so intuitive to work with a mouse that I no longer have to pause fsx while I fumble with knob controls trying to find that little plus or minus spot. I would love to see a G3000 sometime in the future for small business jets.

13 hours ago, Australianboy said:

Hi everyone,

I'm desperate to fix my issue with my Flight 1 GTN 750. I have installed FSX SE, Realair Lancair Legacy V2, GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211 and finally Flight 1 GTN 750.

I can't figure out how to integrate the GTN 750 in the 3D cockpit. I can only select the default one from FSX. I think I should be able to select the GTN from the Legacy V2 Config Panel, but noting else than the Default one from FSX.

I ran F1GTN Config and configured the GTN with the Lancair Legacy V2 (looks like it worked so far).

Can anyone help me please?

The RealAir Legacy V2 has its own config app, in FSX\RealAir\Legacy V2\Panel Config

Bert

Hi Bert, thank you for your answer. The problem is, in this panel (aircraft setup) i have no other option than the GPS 500 (default) and "no GPS". The GTN doesn't appear in the list...

I have a doubt about the Garmin software that need to be download. Is it possible i have the wrong one?

My guess is that the RealAir config app looks to see if you have F1GTN.dll in the FSX\Gauges folder.

If it cannot see it there, it does not give you the option.

Bert