Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

How to disengage the autothrottle

Hi,

I can not find the autothrottle disengage command in the "Controls" Menu of P3D (i do find the "arm autothrottle" and the "engage autothrottle")

In the past i was able to disengage the autothrottle on final with one press of a button (on my yoke) in QOTS V2.

Any hints / help?

Thanks in advance, kind regards,

Ben van Boom

Ben,

Assign a key command to your hardware. So, through a program that allows you to 'bind' a key command to a yoke button, set something like CTRL+SHIFT+2 to be sent when you hit a button on your hardware. Then, in our plane, click the MENU key of the CDU, PMDG SETUP > KEY COMMANDS > (should be under the first option on that page, but I forget the title of the option group - it's MCP or Autopilot-related). Click PREV PAGE on the CDU keys so that you're on the last page (or second to last - one of those two) and it should be there. Click the line next to AT DISCONNECT, and then press your hardware button. If you set it up properly, you should see CTRL+SHIFT+1 in the window (or whatever you set it to). Confirm it, and then exit those menus and you're all set.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Great, thanks for the very quick answer.

It worked.....actually this is how i did the trick too with version 2, but i had forgotten how to find to set the keystrokes (in the FMC). :fool:

You remind me  :smile:

Kind regards,

Ben