Sign in to follow this  
Ajax_1726

replacing OTHH with OTBD so that WOAI lands at OTHH

I've been using WOAI and Taxi2Gate's OTHH for a while now. I've searched and searched and searched for a method to try and get WOAI to land at OTHH, shutting down OTBD. All the instructions I've found on this forum or on other forums are basically for other AI products and don't fully detail WOAI. I have the whole collection for WOAI, so editing each and every airline that goes to doha would be impossible. I've been taking and off and landing to an empty airport for a while now and I personally love seeing AI around airports. 

Getting to the point, Can anyone give detailed instructions on how to replaced OTHH with the name of OTBD, so that ai are tricked into landing there? I'm not very proficient with tools/modding, as I've been strugginling to get this to work. 

Any help would be appreciated, 

Thanks. 

Sorry if I've broken any rules. 

Hi. You'll have to manually open the flightplans text file and replace all OTBD references with OTHH.  You'll also need to add OTHH and its coordinates to the airports text file.  You can manually extract the flightplan, aircraft, and airports files from a WOAI package.  Once you've edited these files they can then be converted to a traffic bgl using the freeware traffic tools application.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

This was discussed back when the scenery first came out, the solution is pretty easy to follow and doesn't take long at all.

http://www.avsim.com...othh and woai however I couldn't compile because of no airport information. Would I have to manually add information about OTHH? How do I do this within the program? and would I have to manually handpick each and every airline that visits OTHH to add them? Thanks. 

AJ

Yes, you will have to then add OTHH to aifp.

Goto Airports, then Airport editor then NEW. Add in the data similar to the link below

Capture_zpsq5hzvveb.jpg

You don't need to add an IATA code but can if you want to. Once finished select Apply update and also Save to Airportlist.dat.

Once done then you go and do the changes to the flight plans, and yes to each one serving Doha. It's really not much work and shouldn't take very long to complete. I've got over 1600 AI airtraffic files in my setup and only 50 have service to OTHH.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS