Sign in to follow this  
Paraffin

SkyMaxx Pro v4 Mountain Flying Video

Here's a video I saw recently that reminded me of one of the things SkyMaxx Pro does very well, which is simulating the look of low-level clouds in remote, mountainous areas. I miss this look in XEnviro. 

It also reminds me that I should spend some flying time in the PNG highlands, which look amazing here. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I don't like it. The clouds are way too transparent. xEnviro looks much better. But hey. To each his own.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Yeah, I'm not crazy about some of the clouds that look too transparent. That may be something adjustable with the Cloud/Terrain Blend Softness setting, I'm not sure.

At any rate, even with the transparency, this looks more like low-level flying to me than XEnviro's current build, based on the many hours I've spent in real places like this. It was Central and South America, not Papua New Guinea, but similar terrain and weather. To each his own, yes. We all tend to look for different things with weather effects.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor