Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Need some advice on making my new livery work

Just got done with a new livery Hawaiian Airlines and when load it into the sim nothing works, no gauges, screens fail to come on and no buttons, knobs and switches work. It opens with the gear up as well. 

What is the trick to making your livery active in the sim?

I have changed both number textures in the texture folder to a new number. I have copied an original .ini from a similar version (Cargo) and changed that name and pasted it back into the main .ini folder containing all the .ini's. I then also pasted that changed .ini into the texture.Hawaiian Air folder but no luck.

It seems a bit overly complex just to paint a livery for this plane.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Not if you read the documentation.

There's a PDF that comes with the paint kit. Page 7 may interest you.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes I think I did all it recommended but will double check it again, thanks. Also how do you get your livery into the Opt Center livery download section?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yes I think I did all it recommended but will double check it again, thanks. Also how do you get your livery into the Opt Center livery download section?

The Ops Center is all PMDG liveries. The best thing for add-on liveries is to upload the PTP file to the AVSIM file library.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok so how do I get a livery accepted to be a PMDG livery?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Just got done with a new livery Hawaiian Airlines and when load it into the sim nothing works, no gauges, screens fail to come on and no buttons, knobs and switches work. It opens with the gear up as well.

What is the trick to making your livery active in the sim?

I have changed both number textures in the texture folder to a new number. I have copied an original .ini from a similar version (Cargo) and changed that name and pasted it back into the main .ini folder containing all the .ini's. I then also pasted that changed .ini into the texture.Hawaiian Air folder but no luck.

You may be missing a texture.cfg file that points to shared textures, including those for the VC.

Try copying one from a working livery in the same folder w/ the same engine type.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks I got it to work. I am wondering why PMDG made such a great livery tool with thumbnail picture selection and then are keeping it all to themselves. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks I got it to work. I am wondering why PMDG made such a great livery tool with thumbnail picture selection and then are keeping it all to themselves. 

They did?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

From what I understand you can only use the opt center with a ptp file you make but you cannot have your livery in the main thumbnail section. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

From what I understand you can only use the opt center with a ptp file you make but you cannot have your livery in the main thumbnail section. 

It isn't even that difficult to make one if it really bothers you that much. In the texture folder of your paint, you'll see thumbnail.jpg. Just change the image in there.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

But that does not put my texture in the main selection area. Just forget about as you clearly do not understand. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yeah. Car dealers keep their own cars in their own colors in the showroom, too. It's neither unique, nor unreasonable. Community changes are for community sites. This is very common in computer-related hobbies.

What exactly do you mean by main selection area. I assumed you were referring to the aircraft selection menu. Or are you talking about the operations center.

The aircraft downloader.

Kyle Rodgers

O dear, was an entertaining read. :lol:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip