Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

P3D v 4 in beta?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'll believes it when I sees it.

NAX669.png

But saying that X-Plane looks like a cartoon?

Spectacular shot!

But let me get this straight: he's not violating his NDA even though no other developer has stated such information in a manner as definitive as he's doing. But then he also posits that he's "likely said too much." I'm with Mike, I'll believe it when I see it.

The cartoon comment - LAUGH

But still I use P3D so if it looks good I'll probably get it AND if addons work

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Seems pretty clear to me who wrote those facebook posts. A certain current P3D scenery developer that doesn't want to support or won't support X-Plane 11 (hence the "cartoon" remark), or maybe has an axe to grind. Oh well. 

I don't doubt v4 could be around the corner with the specs cited in the post. I just hope v4 looks and performs great.

• Upvote 6

Hope the pricing is the same. ..maybe an upgrade discount too. ..

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

Yeah I was thinking it's Orbx as well. I wouldn't be surprised if their scenery addons work but I'm really worried about the aircraft addons.

When XP10 went x86 to x64 there were definitely some issues with addon aircraft. It will take time (and money) to get these working.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

it will take a year or longer after p3d 64 bit is released before anything will work properly with it. just because something is 64 bit doesn't mean it's gonna be the better product. i am very happy with my move from the whole esp platform to x-plane.i will only use p3d for my few payware aircrafts. whats happened from fsx to p3d has not been all that great in my opinion. the fact p3d is a commercial platform, Lockheed doesn't care about entertaining the gaming consumer, but more the large commercial customers.

• Upvote 2

My prediction, if and when Version 4 comes out, within hours, people will download and install it, and 40+ minutes after that will be on this forum with a list of complaints about how none of the add ons work, and are there any fixes for that yet.   :nea:

• Upvote 21

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

They made you pay for avatar mode, you think they would give you a discount for an actual update? :P

It'll be just like the upgrade discount you got for v2 and v3. 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

My prediction, if and when Version 4 comes out, within hours, people will download and install it, and 40+ minutes after that will be on this forum with a list of complaints about how none of the add ons work, and are there any fixes for that yet.   :nea:

So like after every update then :)

From EGFF to YSSY