Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

how to open overhead and side panels?

Thats a little bit embarrassing. I have only flown aircraft with 3D-Cockpits and now i don`t know how i can open the overhead and side panels of aircraft with 2D-Panel only. Many Thanks for your help.

I do not think you are suppose to see those panels in 2D..  Since 2D is a supposedly flat projection, viewing the additional panels are the only way to simulate a 3D effect without going to those fancy VR googles.

Terry

Sorry for my bad English. I did mean the 2D instrument panel. Like of the C130 in X-plane 11. I can open the main instrument panel, but i don´t know the command key for e.g. the overhead panel. 

There is no overhead panel in 2D. You only have the one in front of you. It might be bigger then what you can see on your screen. So you simply move around that using the arrow keys, left, right, up, down.

mkay, lets take the e.g. AN-24. A lot of custom panels and i guess they are opened via icons....  and/or a key.

I will soon install the An-24 to see how it works.

The Skunk Project 737-200 uses also many panels and they can be opened via icons.

So, i want to know, if there is a key to open overhead and other 2D-panels, because it would be faster instead of searching for icons/click zones.

You mean this feature "Many popup panels for easy management:

No it doesn't have those, but to be honest the 2-D environment would be much cooler if they did. Flying from outside the plane using smaller pop-up panels wouldn't really be all that bad,

I could not download the An24. I think it`s payware and i don`t know why it is listed at the Org. But yes, i mean 2D popup panels. They are only opened via icons.