Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Active Sky2016 and ASCA latest update so realistic

Guest JustanotherPilot

HiFi Sim just keep improving on AS2016 and ASCA these shots after latest update installed (6255) Shown here in the latest Prepar3d build

2017-2-17_15-15-42-459_zpsxajieger.jpeg

2017-2-17_15-2-39-848_zpsup0pcqwo.jpeg

Indeed - we haven't got anywhere even near this in any other sim / weather injector ( applies to FSX or P3D ).

Just imagine the power when P3D goes 64 bit!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, it does not look like that on my FSX:SE :P
j/k, very happy since bought this combo

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Overall, I am extremely happy with my AS16 and ASCA with Windows 10 and PMDG 777-30ER.

Well done!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I have AS2016 and I'm thinking to buy ASCA during these days with the S.Valentine's discounts :-)

I'm a little doubtful about the quality of the clouds, and I wanted to wait REX Sky Force 3D but perhaps, having also EnvTex, the best solution is ASCA, isn't it ?  :unknw:

Bye, Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

Guest JustanotherPilot

I have AS2016 and I'm thinking to buy ASCA during these days with the S.Valentine's discounts :-)

I'm a little doubtful about the quality of the clouds, and I wanted to wait REX Sky Force 3D but perhaps, having also EnvTex, the best solution is ASCA, isn't it ?  :unknw:

Bye, Max

If you go with ASCA you won't regret it.

Thanks Steve  :wink:

Bye, Max

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

Indeed - we haven't got anywhere even near this in any other sim / weather injector ( applies to FSX or P3D ).

I don't want to turn this in a product vs product thread, and I also think that AS16 is the most complex and feature rich weather addon, but honestly visually speaking the most realistic weather shots I've seen are with another product (not available for fsx or p3d). I don't particularly like the visual rendition of as16 in any shot I've seen.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I don't want to turn this in a product vs product thread, and I also think that AS16 is the most complex and feature rich weather addon, but honestly visually speaking the most realistic weather shots I've seen are with another product (not available for fsx or p3d). I don't particularly like the visual rendition of as16 in any shot I've seen.

It's diffierent between FSX:SE and P3D, and since I'm on FSX:SE, I might gain from that since many P3D users complain about the way clouds are rendered there... Not my case with FSX:SE, and still this morning, flying with Real World Weather somewhere in Africa, with CBs and TCu all around me, there simply is no way I could be reminded of any even close feel provided by whatever I tried to use to enhance the looks in XP10, or XP11... not to mention the effects...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

AS16 and ASCA have done a great job! Extremely happy with the effort and development from Hifi

Vernon Howells

Just imagine the power when P3D goes 64 bit!

Falcon4 BMS has now rw injection.

Cheers,

Dirk.

• Upvote 1

Falcon4 BMS has now rw injection.

Cheers,

Dirk.

Should give that one a try too.... Tried it some 6 yrs ago, but I am trying to get away from combat sims....

Those are my best sims, but take to much of my time... and make me feel a bit silly playing air combat ....

Main Simulation Rig:

I noticed this as well.. It is subtle but there has been improvement after improvement with this product. This is a developer who truly deserves the support of the simmers - putting them up there with Pete D......

Got a message in AS16 this morning that there is a software update, and when I click on it I get an "error establishing  data base connection". Anyone else see this. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310