Sign in to follow this  
aerostar

GTN 750 - Import Flightplans

Does anyone know of a converter that can convert .PLN format to Garmin's .GFP format for flightplans... then they could be imported into the GTN750 ?

Thanks

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Sadly, it's been investigated a few times and is not possible. :(

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hi Aero,

Just an FYI in case you're not aware...

The GTN has "Airways" built into the database - so it makes creating a flight plan almost too easy and really quick... I always use RW flight plans off of FltPlan.com - and it specifies the airways - simply click on the entry fix in the GTN and select "Load Airways" - scroll through the list of airways to select the one you want - then click the exit fix - - - depending on how you fly - it could potentially add 50 waypoints or more automatically - it's almost like having a baby FMC... While the old GNS was pretty tedious for creating flight plans - the GTN is almost fun...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Does anyone know of a converter that can convert .PLN format to Garmin's .GFP format for flightplans... then they could be imported into the GTN750 ?

Thanks

aero

You might take a look at LittleNavmap.  The author has been doing some work on importing .pln files to the 750.

Not sure of the progress since I don't have the Garmin but it might be worth a look.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Yes, LittleNavMap can do this.

I stand corrected, that's excellent!  Downloading now. Cheers.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Another nice touch with LittleNavmap is you can start a Flight Plan from a "route string" from another flight planning site (e.g. obtaining a real world route), see it on the map, make any adjustments if you wish, and then save this as a .pln and .gfp.

Very soon you will also be able to see STARS and SIDS drawn on the map.

It's a great flight planning tool with moving map and amazing that it's free.

• Like 2

Thanks very much guys.  I now have LittleNavMap and it's very good, when SID and STAR capable will be excellent, it did the conversion and the route is now in the GTN750. 

I've now worked out how to load the airways and that works very good too... also I made a route in Notepad++ and it worked as well...    woohoo

The GTN is not too bad after all...

Thanks again for your help..

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Sorry to revive an old thread, but could someone that has uploaded the .gfp Garmin flight plans in into the GTN 750 give a few steps on exactly how it is done? From the "Creating Flight Plan and User Waypoint Files for the flight 1 GTN.pdf" guide from flight1, it says  to select 'Flight Plan' -> 'Menu' -> 'Catalog' -> 'Import' then the list of .gfp flight plans will show.  But there is no 'Import' button!  It is the same in the GTN trainer itself which I guess is expected since they should be the same.  I am very perplexed by how you guys got yours uploaded.  The .gfp was generated from Little Navmap.

Thanks for any help...appreciated...

Greg

Try 'Flight Plan' -> 'Menu' -> 'Catalog' -> 'Menu' -> 'Import'.

HTH

Greg

Of course there's also:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

6 hours ago, lownslo said:

Try 'Flight Plan' -> 'Menu' -> 'Catalog' -> 'Menu' -> 'Import'.

HTH

Greg

Thank you Greg.  I missed the extra step to select Menu again after Catalog.

I just purchased Flight One GTN650/750 today.  I have a .gfp file.  When I go to 'Flight Plan' -> 'Menu' -> 'Catalog' -> 'Menu' -> there is no 'Import' button.  The only buttons available are 'Delete All' and 'Delete Pending'

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

You have to put your .gfp file in the Flight1/FightPlan folder, then go into the GTN within the Sim to import.  Do a file search for .gfp on the Prepar3d install folder to know the exact location.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Anxu00,

I have my .gfp file in ...\Prepar3d v4\F1TGTN\FPL.  The issue is when I'm in the simulator using the GTN, when I go to 'Flight Plan' -> 'Menu' -> 'Catalog' -> 'Menu' -> there is no 'Import' button.  The only buttons available are 'Delete All' and 'Delete Pending'

Thanks,

Erik