Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

F1 GNS drop in replacement for RXP GNS ?

Hi Folks,

I read a recent post where someone mentioned that the F1 GNS is a drop in replacement for RXP GNS... If true - this would mean it would open the door for a true 3D navigation solution on many Carenado aircraft... Just wondering if anyone has tried it and if so a PIREP ???

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

hmmm. Sounds good to me. The advantage is that Flight1 will provide active support.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Scott,

yes, it works very well. I have replaced the RXP GNS with the Flight1 GNS in all of my older Carenado aircrafts. You only have to install the Carenado RXP model, open the Flight1 GNS tool, choose the aircraft and click on "Replace RealityXP". And that's it :smile:

• Upvote 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

The F1GTN650 is not as tall as the RXP-GNS and the GTN750 is quite a bit taller than the RXP-GNS, but other than the squeezing or expanding to fit the physical area it should work easy enough. Removing the RXP should not leave any 3D knobs to interfere like a standard Carenado avionics installation.

It should mostly be changing the info in the aircraft.cfg file after using the F1 installer. I would think that most of the RXP owners have probably all already switched them out.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray,

Scott's not referring to the GTN units here, he's referring to the Flight 1 GNS units being a direct replacement for the Reality XP GNS units (like for like units and dimensions).

Hi Scott,

yes, it works very well. I have replaced the RXP GNS with the Flight1 GNS in all of my older Carenado aircrafts. You only have to install the Carenado RXP model, open the Flight1 GNS tool, choose the aircraft and click on "Replace RealityXP". And that's it :smile:

Excellent.  I'd heard it was as simple as that but great to hear it from a user.  Now the big question is whether to invest in the F1 GNS units, or be patient/sensible and wait out for Reality XP making their GNS's compatible with FSX:SE  (which they're supposedly doing but if we're going to wait 2 years I'd probably rather just invest in the F1 versions).    

As amazing as the GTNs are, I do miss having my GNS units in appropriate aircraft.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hi Folks,

Sounds very good... Yeah - the price of the units tend to stick in my throat knowing Garmin did the 99% of the programming and released it for free - but when you're the only game in town... Jean-Luc (RXP) seems to have blown the cobwebs off RXP (MIA due to illness from what I understand) although it's all been for X-Plane so far - but - like Bill said - requires some consideration... I need a P3D solution...

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the PIREP...

:)

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Personally I don't see a benefit in waiting for the RXP GNS. The Flight1 GNS works excellent, is bug free, well supported and available. I own both, the 430 and 530, and are very happy with them :smile:

Sounds very good... Yeah - the price of the units tend to stick in my throat knowing Garmin did the 99% of the programming and released it for free

Yes, but keep in mind that the Garmin trainer was never intended to work within FSX/P3D. I'm pretty sure that it required a lot of effort to make it work so smoothly. And that RXP and Flight1 are the only developers who offer these kind of products speaks for itself as well. I mean if the implementation would be easy we would see a lot of these products at a much lower price.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I'm trying to use the GNS 430 from flight 1 in the PA-44 seminole with no luck. Are these two not compatible together?

When enabling the reality xp 530 file for the seminole, I then go into the Flight1 software and enable the GNS 430 which then marks itself as installed. When opening in p3d its still the default 530 that comes with the aircraft.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:46 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I read a recent post where someone mentioned that the F1 GNS is a drop in replacement for RXP GNS... If true - this would mean it would open the door for a true 3D navigation solution on many Carenado aircraft... Just wondering if anyone has tried it and if so a PIREP ???

Regards,

Scott

Hi guys, Scott, I just bought the F1 GNS 530 and works like a charm in the Carenado King Air B200. In fact I installed two units. If you first run the RXP executable you get one XP faceplate in the left unit and a not fully visible screen on the liwer edge. This also did away with my clickspots in the EHSI and ADI to bring up the autopilot and EFIS popups. A solution to this is install by hand without running the reality executable. You get two good F1 530s without the faceplate on the left unit.

On 2/22/2017 at 9:20 PM, Haase said:

I'm trying to use the GNS 430 from flight 1 in the PA-44 seminole with no luck. Are these two not compatible together?

Did you use the F1GNS configure tool and checked for the seminole ? Also, check that the F1GNS.INI file is placed either in the aircraft folder or in the panel subfolder. Next, open the panel.cfg and make sure there are F1GNS!GNS430 references in the windows and Virtual Cockpit sections.

Also, you appear to be mixing up 530 and 430 gauges, which are not the same size..  (or was that a typo..)

Bert