Sign in to follow this  
Bob F

FSD 337 Skymaster

I purchased the 337 this fall and enjoy flying the plane very much. I have checked the Reality-XP Wx500 and the 530 GPS in the loadmanager and saved the configuration. Both display in the 2D and virtual cockpits. The Wx500 "pops up" when clicked in the VC, but the 530 does not. I have also added the gauges to the aircraft with the Reality Config utility. Is anyone else having this problem or is this the way it is supposed to work. Any sugggestions would be appreciated. I would have posted this on the FSD forum, but seem to be having a problem getting registered and requests for answers from support have gone unanswered.

Guest Tophatter

Verify the GNSpopup= line in your RXPGNS530.INI file and the GNS Window ident= line in the panel.cfg file both have matching numbers.Bud

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I read about this solution, but didn't understand exacly what they meant. I'll also post at the Reality site.Thanks again

It's the window ID issue, I had to do the same thing on my 337H. If you look in your RXPGNS530.INI file, you'll see a line that says something likeGnsPopup=15530That number, whatever it is, has to correspond to the number in the "ident=" line in your panel.cfg file, for the GNS 530 popup window. My FSD Piper Navajo had the exact same problem; the rebuilt panel.cfg puts the entries for the popup windows in there, but the window IDs do not match, so clicking on the GNS 530 or WX500 doesn't bring up the popup.There are a couple of really nice replacement panel.cfgs over at the RXP site for the 337s, I use one with the Sandel SN3308 electronic HSI in place of the standard HSI. Just be warned, RXP gauges are very addictive...I have at least one RXP item--GPS, radar, or gauge--in most of my GA freeware and payware planes. :)Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Thanks Moose. I'll bet that is my problem. I also have the Navajo and I'll have to check see if it has the same problem. I haven't flown it much and that could be why. I've given up on FSD support, especially the crabby one. When I've asked for help, I'm first accused of pirating the software, them I'm told they have not heard of the problem before and it must be something wrong with my system and finally I hear that they have emailed the solution, which I have never received because I have a problem with my email. I did deal with Tim once and it was a pleasent experience. I like their planes, just not dealing with them. I've got no one to blame but myself.Thanks for the help.