Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

CropDuster X 2.0 released

Hello @ll,

CropDuster X 2.00 has been released today!

• The green overlay effect for fields has been replaced by fully 3D models of rows of crops in different sizes and accuracy (you can simulate every single beanstalk if you want)
  • It has inherited the spray control dialog and gauge from FireFighter X, adapted for crop dusting.
  • Options have been added to make CropDuster X more suitable to spraying fields that are already there in scenery and with planes that have their own spray effects:
    • defining the corners of custom fields has been made easier
    • the app has a built-in database that you can use for your fields
    • you can turn off various visual aspects of the app so they don't interfere with the visuals
    • The app will control the "smoke effect" if you prefer that to the CropDuster X effects.

Here is the final changelog:

Date 02.03.2017

Version 2.00 b13

- Change: Spray control dialog, changed AirSpeed from MPH to KN

- Change: SatLoc gauge can now display Alt AGL on displays 2 and 3

Date 01.03.2017

Version 2.00 b12

- Change: Drop hit calculations changed to include an additional hit point in case of timing problems

Date 27.02.2017

Version 2.00 b11

- Change: Option to reset a field to the "fresh" state

Date 26.02.2017

Version 2.00 b10

- Change: Option to turn off the "dusted" visuals

Date 25.02.2017

Version 2.00 b9

- Bugfix: Fixed depiction error when loading saved field files

Date 25.02.2017

Version 2.00 b8

- Change: Initial size of spray control gauge

- Bugfix: Transmitting the green overlay tiles to client in multi mode

Date 24.02.2017

Version 2.00 b7

- Bugfix: Made operation of the payload manager and disabling the tailhook safer

Date 18.02.2017

Version 2.00 b6

- Bugfix: payload manager issue when all payload stations are at 0,0,0

- Bugfix: Multiplayer mode: no fields, wrong counters

Date 15.02.2017

Version 2.00 b5

- Change: Lighbar gauge now activates the lower left&right LEDs when spraying is active

- Bugfix: When timer runs out, smoke effect is now disabled automatically

Date 14.02.2017

Version 2.00 b4

- Bugfix: Expanded the network protocol with the overlay tiles

- Bugfix: Redesign of terrain sensor and elemental creation logic (was wrong when no 3D models were active)

- Change: implemented field database feature

- Change: Added yellow spray indicator lamp on the spray control gauge

Date 12.02.2017

Version 2.00 b3

- Bugfix: Dusted crops override the "show 3D models" toggle

Date 12.02.2017

Version 2.00 b2

- Change: Added the initial green effect as an artificial overlay, to make it easier to spot fields

- Change: Added three different sizes of the marker poles

- Bugfix/Change: The inoperative ground splash drop down on the spray configuration dialog has been replaced with a checkbox

Date 12.02.2017

Version 2.00 b1

- Bugfix: app crashes when user model has sim.cfg instead of aircraft.cfg (Default Robinson helo)

- Change: using individual 3D models for crops

- Change: using tiles 3D models for larger patches of crops

Date 09.02.2017

Version 1.10 b22

- Change: Redesigned logic to create fields, especially the markers.

- Bugfix: Changing marker density didn't reflect directly in the sim

- Bugfix: Disabling markers did not remove them from the sim right away.

Date 07.02.2017

Version 1.10 b21

- Change: redesigned dialog to create fields (corners are defined by moving the aircraft in the sim)

Date 06.02.2017

Version 1.10 b20

- Bugfix: Magvar corrected heading values can be negative, this was not corrected

- Bugfix: removed the value "360" when turning through headings

Date 05.02.2017

Version 1.10 b19

- Bugfix: Score value still incorrect

- Bugfix: Setting weather in multiplayer mode was inoperative

Date 05.02.2017

Version 1.10 b18

- Bugfix: Score value is wrong when field is larger than 100 tiles

- Bugfix: Lightbar gauge was showing true A/B heading, not magnetic

- Change: Added option to switch between timer and GPA setting in SprayController gauge

Date 04.02.2017

Version 1.10 b17

- Bugfix: when field is fully sprayed, the average GPA is undefined.

Date 29.01.2017

Version 1.10 b16

- Change: Ex 3 is only written to log if debug logging is active

Date 28.01.2017

Version 1.10 b15

- Change: made spraying easier

- Bugfix: ground splash was too dense, resulting in too many objects being created

- Change: button to change load is always active

Date 28.01.2017

Version 1.10 b14

- Change: added timeout variable for ground effect visibility

- Change: disabled logging

Date 27.01.2017

Version 1.10 b13

- Change: Chat window on client and server is now accessible with the mouse

- Change: Aircraft of Network players are no longer added to the internal model list

Date 21.01.2017

Version 1.10 b12

- Bugfix: Deleting of objects when activating Client mode

- Bugfix: Saving the speed in the drop config window

Date 21.01.2017

Version 1.10 b11

- Bugfix: Changing load button is not visible after loading a fieldlist file

- Change: Activate drop timer control when mouse cursor enters the label

- Debug: Activated logging of all drop and elemental operations (multiplayer)

Date 16.01.2017

Version 1.10 b10

- Bugfix: Issues when changing aircraft in the sim

Date 15.01.2017

Version 1.10 b9

- Bugfix: Handling of unknown aircaft in network mode

- Bugfix: Exceptions when the tank size is 0

Date 14.01.2017

Version 1.10 b8

- Bugfix: Handling of unknown aircaft in network mode

- Bugfix: " is a vaild character in payload station definitions

- Bugfix: manually editing a payload station activates the save button

- Change: Tank size is now only determined by the selected payload stations

- Bugfix: Distance measurement to refill station wrong

- Bugfix: Issues when changing aircraft in the sim

Date 12.01.2017

Version 1.10 b7

- Change: Payload manager graphic display updated (scaling when boxes are moved outside of border)

Date 09.01.2017

Version 1.10 b6

- Bugfix: Crash when changing player model in network mode

- Bugfix: Id numbering in payload manager when removing a line

- Change: Default P3D V3 version is now built with SimConnect 3.0 libs

- Change: Error message about SimConnect version mismatch

Date 06.01.2017

Version 1.10 b5

- Change: Update capacity and tank up on payload manager dialog

Date 05.01.2017

Version 1.10 b4

- Change: implemented local Model database, not overwritten on reinstall

- Change: Spray timer will count down as long as spray is active, then revert to config setting

Date 04.01.2017

Version 1.10 b3

- Bugfix: Disable tailhook button when there is none in the aircraft.cfg

- Bugfix: Initialization of ai model DB after reinstall

- Bugfix: Payload manager: left/right reversed in graphics display

Date 04.01.2017

Version 1.10 b2

- Change: Added spray controller gauge

- Change: Payload manager: weight can be keyed directly into the list cells

Date 03.01.2017

Version 1.10 b1

- Change: write cfg: removed double empty lines

- Change: drop logic expanded: field sizes now as GPA + randomized

LORBY-SI

Sounds great. Your other products are amazing (especially FirefighterX) and I'm still looking to find a good reason to buy CropdusterX and give it a go.

Sounds great. Your other products are amazing (especially FirefighterX) and I'm still looking to find a good reason to buy CropdusterX and give it a go.

Admittedly CropDuster X lacks the thrill that FFX provides, no doubt about that. It is more about flying very low and slow, with absolute precision (especially when you use the SatLoc instrument). It is a hit-or-miss experience I guess. It is kind of fun in multiplayer mode though, when two aircraft try to spray the same field...

LORBY-SI

Didn't realise the SatLoc feature which sounds great. For the fun of it I can imagine heading out to some of the beautiful Orbx airfields in country areas that are surrounded by crops (which are usually just an Orbx texture around the airfield) then superimposing the customisable crop area scenery of this app on top of the Orbx area by reading off the coordinates in slew and inputting them into your crop creation dialog then go have some precision crop dusting flying fun. Cheers!

Didn't realise the SatLoc feature which sounds great. For the fun of it I can imagine heading out to some of the beautiful Orbx airfields in country areas that are surrounded by crops (which are usually just an Orbx texture around the airfield) then superimposing the customisable crop area scenery of this app on top of the Orbx area by reading off the coordinates in slew and inputting them into your crop creation dialog then go have some precision crop dusting flying fun. Cheers!

In CropDuster X 2.00 you just stop your vehicle at each corner of these ORBX fields and click a button on the "Add custom field" dialog for each corner position. CDX will pick that up and then treat that area as a new field to spray.

Btw, the 3D plants are created at runtime by CDX, they are not scenery. They will appear the same instant that you have defined the field, just like the fires do in FFX.

But what may be worthwhile is to use the Orbx library scenery objects and manually add them as a scenery bgl where you want them to be. Over at the Orbx forums there is a thread of a CDX customer doing just that, he may have tipps to share.

LORBY-SI

Hello glider 1

I've always been intrigued by agricultural aviation because of the purpose- built aircraft, the skill of the pilots, the risk involved and the fact I see them operating during the growing season where I live. I'm very enthusiastic about what Oliver has offered the simulation enthusiast in CDX 2.  You can now pretty easily marry-up the realistic rural scenery of Orbx (with the field texyures further enhanced with 3D crops), with  realistic AG aicraft like the Pawnee Brave or AG Truck ( Alabeo) , with the features of CDX 2.  

The modelling of the SATLOC Litestar gives you a procedure to follow to correctly spray the selected field. It is in effect a GPS "localizer" for each pass you make. The SATLOC by itself is worth the price of admission to CDX 2. Furthermore you will get an assessment of how well you followed the pattern and covered the field. And lastly you can now define the borders of the field rather than random placement of crops which can kill the realism.

I have a well out-of- date computer with a 2.6 Ghz chip, although enough RAM and up to date video card. I found the real-time placement of CDX crop objects too taxing on the system. But if I used another simple and inexpensive 3rd party add-on for scenery , namely Instant Scenery, I could populate the field with 3D crops that IS can pick many of the numerous scenery bgl files on your sysatem and copy to your own bgl and place them where you want. Once you get the feel for the program you can do a defined field in about 15 min. The 3D crops I find aid the sim pilots depth perception. With IS you can also add obstacles like a tree-line or weather vanes,  or power lines and towers.  

I am currently using Orbx NZSI scenery which has a couple of good rural scenery areas near Alexandra and Whakatane. There are probably a lot of others. 

I'll try to make a link to some pics but I don't know if I will do it correctly.

I wish I get convince Orbx to develop a 3D crop pkg like they did for HD Trees. And also to get more good scenery experts interested in the crop dusting  area of sim aviation.  I'm so intrigued by it I think I have watched every You-tube real-life video on this subject several times over. Take a look.

Anyhow I'm having more fun with P3D now than I've had in a long time.

Best regards

Larry

bPEJsyL.jpgBa8MHrj.jpgIID7NzS.jpgj7tXdHw.jpg0dQwvxR.jpg