Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Aircraft configurations and suggestions for FireFighter X

Can you use this program for fire observation only?

In other words can I take say a Cessna 337H and search out where the fires are located then "call it in?"

Ciao!

16 hours ago, briansommers said:

Can you use this program for fire observation only?

In other words can I take say a Cessna 337H and search out where the fires are located then "call it in?"

You can do that and more - you can fly as Birddog and call in AI fire fighters to take care of the incident that you spotted.You can also fly as Lead, making the AI planes follow you, so you can guide them in to the fire.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

SATO has released a lot of new liveries in the last weeks. Look for the "Simulated Air Tanker Operations" group on Facebook.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hello,

The CL 415 from Rlaborie does not work with FFX, still nothing planned to make it operational ?

1 hour ago, BSV1191 said:

Hello,

The CL 415 from Rlaborie does not work with FFX, still nothing planned to make it operational ?

Hi,

every aircraft works with FFX.

But - naturally, none of the aircrafts' internal solutions for scooping and dropping water will cooperate with FFX in any way - unless the developer of the aircraft made it so. You will have to disable those. What specific issues do you have with the Laborie model? Did you contact the developer of the aircraft?

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hello Lorby,

With The Rlaborie Cl415, i have a problem with the system of release and scooping. When I press the arming button, the button turns on and off as soon. It is therefore impossible to scoop or drop (except with the emergency system).

2 hours ago, BSV1191 said:

Hello Lorby,

With The Rlaborie Cl415, i have a problem with the system of release and scooping. When I press the arming button, the button turns on and off as soon. It is therefore impossible to scoop or drop (except with the emergency system).

Which button? Those in the aircraft cannot work, you can only use the controls that FFX offers.

With the Laborie models, I think that there is additional logic in the model itself that counteracts FFX. It may be necessary to deactivate a gauge or something - but I don't have any of those aircraft available to me to investigate. Furthermore, you may have to activate the "Bypass Simulator Events" option in FFX, which was made exactly for this type of scenario.

I suggest that you send me an email with the panel.cfg of the model in question. Maybe I can spot the part that has to be disabled. The email address is on the last page of the manual. Please include a proof of purchase (order number and shop) when requesting support.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I just rememberd a similar request about the Laborie CL215 almost a year ago. Here is what solved it with that model:

1.       On VC center pedestal: Water system: click ELECT ON & HYD ON and PROBES DOWN

2.       On VC dashboard: click Water doors armed

3.       Now I can use the FFX gauge and dialog to arm and disarm the drop system and the scoop system

And the aircraft.cfg had to be adjusted, to make the additional fuel tanks that Laborie uses to store retardant very small -  so the aircraft won't be overweight all the time.

[fuel]

LeftMain  =-2.5, -20, 7.748, 766, 0 //FUEL only use for engine
RightMain =-2.5,  20, 7.748, 766, 0 //FUEL only use for engine
external1 = -0.741, 0, 3.268, 0.1, 0  // WATER450
external2 = -0.741, 0, 3.268, 0.1, 0  //WATER450

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

On 3/17/2020 at 12:00 PM, Lorby_SI said:

I just rememberd a similar request about the Laborie CL215 almost a year ago. Here is what solved it with that model:

And the aircraft.cfg had to be adjusted, to make the additional fuel tanks that Laborie uses to store retardant very small -  so the aircraft won't be overweight all the time.

Best regards

Hello,

Thank you, now it's ok. 🙂

Have a nice day.

Hello,

For the Tracker lovers saddened by the end of the career of the French TurboFirecats, I have just released an upgrade package for Milton Shupe's S2T Civilian Tracker that fixes a few discrepencies and includes the interface with both FFX and Pelicandrome4FFX.

Check it out! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=34&id=27671

50866811041_c842238903_o.png

Edited by kekelekou

I wish there was a FFX for MSFS or a way to make it work in there. Really miss this program. 

Capt. Robert Rixx

14 hours ago, FireRx said:

I wish there was a FFX for MSFS or a way to make it work in there. Really miss this program. 

We have a prototype FFX for MSFS. But the results aren't great. There is no way that Lorby would release something like this.

Technologically MSFS is a step back into the realm of FSX. Meaning that we have none of the advancements that were made with P3D. For example, no live attachments like the bambi buckets. Then there is the broken AI plane logic, broken slew logic, effects that look like cr.p and cut FPS down by 90%. Not to forget the volatility of MSFS as it advances through the SUs, redesigning things all the time and thus rendering all previous work useless more often than not. And those are just the worst items.

We will keep revisiting the prototype on and off, but at the moment it doesn't look like MSFS is a suitable platform for an app like FFX, let alone the professional LWR products (those will stay with P3D V4). 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

if you ever need someone to test with Oliver in the future. contact me.  Thanks, 🙂

Capt. Robert Rixx

Le 23/12/2021 à 19h12, Lorby_SI a déclaré :

Nous avons un prototype FFX pour MSFS. Mais les résultats ne sont pas excellents. Il n’y a aucun moyen pour Lorby de publier quelque chose comme ça.

Technologiquement, MSFS est un retour dans le domaine de FSX. Cela signifie que nous n’avons aucune des avancées réalisées avec P3D. Par exemple, pas de pièces jointes actives comme les seaux Bambi. Ensuite, il y a la logique brisée du plan d’IA, la logique de balayage brisée, des effets qui ressemblent à du cr.p et réduisent les FPS de 90 %. Sans oublier la volatilité du MSFS à mesure qu'il avance dans les SU, repensant les choses tout le temps et rendant ainsi tous les travaux antérieurs inutiles le plus souvent. Et ce ne sont que les pires éléments.

Nous continuerons à revoir le prototype de temps en temps, mais pour le moment, il ne semble pas que MSFS soit une plate-forme appropriée pour une application comme FFX, sans parler des produits professionnels LWR (ceux-là resteront avec P3D V4). 

Any news regarding a project towards MSFS?

In addition, is it possible to make available in a new version of FFX on P3D V4 the possibility of having the FLIR camera if possible, it's super cool in multiplayer when you find yourself with more than 4 it helps a lot in realism.

Good day.