Sign in to follow this  
rudder

graphic cards\ vga adapter

Hi everyone. I just did a win 7 install and my nvidia 950 installed as a vga adapter, searched the web cannot find a cure . very frusterating. Any help will be apreciated. thanx .

tried to computer said best driver already installed. thanx for your reply

Go to NVidia's website and download the latest driver...assume by your most recent post you are trying to update the driver using Windows Device Manager.  This would not be the way to do it.  Get the driver from NVidia directly and run the executable.

Thanx for your reply, I have been messing with this thing for one week. I have the latest driver for the card. It seems to me, that until

the computer reads the card for what it is, i cannot install nvidia drivers on a avg card. searching the web showes this is not new.

VGA adapter is the Windows default.

Do try to run the Nvidia Driver executable!

Bert

To double-check, the monitor cable is connected to the video card and not the onboard video right?  As Bert said, you should be using the NVidia executable and not going anywhere near the Windows Device Manager.  If you are plugged into the onboard video (near all the USB ports and NIC port) It is possible that your video card is not seated in the PCI-E slot correctly.  Simply shut the system down, pull the power plug and re-seat the card.  You could try this even if you are plugged into a video-out on the card.

One more idea -- what processor are you running? Some have built-in graphics capability which needs to be turned OFF in BIOS before your card will be recognized by the system. Try that. This is the "onboard video" referred to above.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Thank you all for your comments, I tried all that you suggested and then took the easy way out,  replaced the card, everything now works fine.Happy Presidents Day.