Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

If you have an issue regarding activation at XA AND you promise to refrain from any trolling and bashing read on...

Dear fellow simmers, 

I thought a while about creating this post and I have discussed the matter with moderators.

It has come to my attention that I am not the only customer who seems to be denied product activation at X-Aviation without explanation. While our individual investment in a product may seem to be unimportant and not all cases may be equal, I still believe that it does not do justice to our community if problems like this apparently multiply and the only party which could comment remains silent.

Therefore, if you encountered issues with activation denied to you by X-Aviation and if you want to pursue your rights as a group then please answer or PM me. 

Please note: The moderators have been kind enough to allow me to post this. They will not hesitate to close this topic and/or ban members if any of us misuses it. Please refrain from any non factual comments, trolling, bashing or excessive language. If you want to be heard, just give the information needed to follow up the claim. 

I am still hoping that a dialogue with the developer will be possible. 

Hans

• Upvote 4

Hans

I have a simple question, if this issue is as big as you say it is, why have you not pursued this through other channels?  If you paid with a credit card, could you not speak with your card company to pursue the matter?  If you paid through Paypal, again could you not speak with them about the matter?  Have you also read through the entire EULA from the company, because often times, it's the little things that we tend to overlook that may provide you an answer.

I guess I'm not understand what the point would be to rally support for this type of issue against a company's policies, when a more diplomatic approach would be to contact them directly to resolve the issue.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

This is such a sensitive topic that it is being monitored by Avsim staff. I'll just ask people to keep it clean and not attack personally. Thank you

Selling through them Ive inquired on numerous issues that have popped up recently, not all but the vast majority fall into these categories:

1.Piracy

2.Not waiting the stated 72hr response time or submitting multiple tickets and getting pushed to the bottom of the list.

3.Issue is resolved, but reply was put into a spam folder.

4.Out right lying, person was either not a customer or they didn't submit a ticket.

From what I've seen, and yes I'm very concerned, this issue isn't what people are making it out to be. With that said XA is reworking the system to give users more control over the DRM system and more flexibility when users update and upgrade. This should help vastly speed up the activation process and knock out a bunch of these issues.

I will also note I've been selling through XA for about 3 years and change and I've never seen any misdeeds on their behalf.

But to play devil's advocate here, with recent growth in the market it's time to update activations for a better overall customer experience.....

• Upvote 4

@jspahn Is piracy such a huge problem in X-Plane that such restrictive measures are necessary. ORBX for example (undoubtedly much bigger than XA) have an app that seems quite unrestrictive, i.e. You login, download your purchases and you're good to go (They have nasty traps to catch pirates but it appears to have never hit a paying customer). I changed computers about 5 times, and have no issues. However I no longer can use SMP v4 because I presumably switched from Mac to Windows and it locked me out with no warning)

4.Out right lying, person was either not a customer or they didn't submit a ticket.

This one doesn't surprise me

• Upvote 1

Actually incidents of piracy are increasing and yes it's a huge problem....

Tony switching doesnt lock you out either you get 3 activations and as long as it's coming out from the same IP you're good, no matter what os you use....Now if you used your 3 activations again submit a ticket and it will be resolved....

Now if you used your 3 activations again submit a ticket and it will be resolved....

That's the problem. It is not getting resolved. In today's world, the IP is changing constantly. How can you have a fixed IP as an ordinary internet user?

In general, we wouldn't be here if there had been a communication between the users and the vendor, wouldn't we? All I asked for was an answer to a ticket. Patience is a virtue but at some point in time what are you supposed to do? I raised this topic in good faith to give the "defendant" a chance to chime in and explain. I still seem to miss something. 

why have you not pursued this through other channels?

@Jimm: I have used all other channels before coming here, ticket, Email, post on the dedicated forum. No answer, nothing.

• Upvote 2

Hans

I like the conversation!  To the point and responsible posts.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 5

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

That's the problem. It is not getting resolved. In today's world, the IP is changing constantly. How can you have a fixed IP as an ordinary internet user?

In general, we wouldn't be here if there had been a communication between the users and the vendor, wouldn't we? All I asked for was an answer to a ticket. Patience is a virtue but at some point in time what are you supposed to do? I raised this topic in good faith to give the "defendant" a chance to chime in and explain. I still seem to miss something. 

@Jimm: I have used all other channels before coming here, ticket, Email, post on the dedicated forum. No answer, nothing.

Let's see a ticket number and let's find out what's going on :)

you get 3 activations and as long as it's coming out from the same IP you're good, no matter what os you use.

This 'tech' needs to be updated. Yes, with sticky DHCP from most ISPs there's a good chance you'll get the same IP address but absolutely not a guarantee. At one point over a span of 11 days I had received 6 different IP addresses (usually about every 41 hours) from Comcast. Ultimately locking me out of Active Sky, for example. Despite the fact that the computer and location never changed.

Let's see a ticket number and let's find out what's going on :)

Mine is #BHY96

At first I got a quick response:

Sounds like you dragged the plugin over from one X-Plane install to

another. You need to re-install with the installer.

Best Regards, Cameron

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM, X-Aviation Support

That made sense to me. But after following this advice the activation slots were used up. And that's where the issue started. 

Hans

Oh I want to add I'm somewhat wrong about the IP address, it checks a few things....

.Now if you used your 3 activations again submit a ticket and it will be resolved....

I have a dynamic IP address, so maybe that's the problem

I'm in the same boat, although I have had great experience purchasing at XA in the past, the last time I have asked for reactivation through the ticket system, I never got a response back, its been more than 72hrs,  actually, its been more than 2 months now.

This is one reason why I've hesitated to purchase SMP upgrade, what's the point.

• Upvote 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo