Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

If you have an issue regarding activation at XA AND you promise to refrain from any trolling and bashing read on...

But it is challenging with 9 out of 10 people incensed that they're 'caught up'....and 9 of them are confirmed pirates.

but we also understand the absolute majority of public complaints are by known pirates

Tom, with all due respect, this quote is somewhat disturbing. Now anyone who complains will potentially be seen as a thief.

What I don't understand, is why known thieves would even seek support. If these numbers are even near your calculations, there's a serious problem.  I hope X-Aviation finds a way to rectify the situation soon, so everyone can enjoy the fantastic (legitimately bought) products offered there.

• Upvote 6

What I don't understand, is why known thieves would even seek support.

Because there is a sense of entitlement and thinking they can get away with it. After all, they bought a product, shared it with a friend, and up till this point weren't caught. It's when they finally ask for a license reset because they and their friend(s) chewed through all their license slots they finally get caught and become livid of such.

You don't hear of these issues with competitive vendors as often because they don't have the systems in place to catch someone to the level we do.

If you don't want issues, don't share your software. It's that simple. I reset license keys from legitimate users all day long, every day no problem. It's easy to tell who is legit and who is not.

Tom, with all due respect, this quote is somewhat disturbing. Now anyone who complains will potentially be seen as a thief.

I don't interpret Tom's post to mean that the one extra person in that 9 of 10 no longer gets to use their product. They may have some explaining or extra looking into, but as I said, when we get around to "accusing" someone it's not because we think...we know. It's not even disputable. We know down to the very name of the person(s) being shared with.

Founder of X-Aviation

I think many do not understand how big the implications of this activity is for everyone that enjoys X-Plane.
The general user thoughts are"who cares if the designer looses a few bucks here and there, it doesn't affect me anyway....right?"

Stop a bit, rewind;

What are the actual effects of piracy/sharing?

1. The obvious, developers and vendors loose money (who cares)
2. XP is already a small market, pirates make it even smaller.
3. The smaller the market, the less it will attract the big design teams (like PMDG etc)
4. The smaller the market, existing designers will hesitate making more aircraft, too little gain
5. The smaller the market, design teams can not expand, hiring more people to develop
6. Development will go slower, and might affect product quality
7. A smaller market might lead to higher prices of addons to cover development higher unit costs and time.
8. Designers and vendors have to use a big amount of time developing DRM's, time they could have used for developing more add ons and be productive

=> in other words, XP piracy/sharing ruins and undermines the entire development community, leads to less diversity and, less quality add ons and higher prices.

What are the effects of "false reset requests" and "fake news" topics?

9. It puts extra loads on support systems
10. The extra load means longer waiting time for those with legitimate requests
11. Designers and vendors have to spend extra time in social channels, answering/defending accusations.
12. "Fake news" (bad PR) cost money, making the market even smaller.
13. This is very demotivating, and designers might stop developing further. I can tell you IXEG and XA have spent slot of unnecessary time and energy
on these things, but what we really want is use our time and energy developing better products for you all.

=> In other words, "false reset requests" and "fake news" it increases support waiting time, increases development time and might lead to less quality products

So, basically these guy's are undermining the hobby we all love big time, for EVERYONE! I'm not even sure they thought about it, but thats how it is.
The flightsim community - and especially XP - is small and fragile, we cannot let these idiots continue to destroy it.

---

(Just for the record this rant is off course not meant as an excuse for bad customer service that I know some of you have experienced, and we apologize for that)

M

I think many do not understand how big the implications of this activity is for everyone that enjoys X-Plane.

The general user thoughts are"who cares if the designer looses a few bucks here and there, it doesn't affect me anyway....right?"

Stop a bit, rewind;

What are the actual effects of piracy/sharing?

1. The obvious, developers and vendors loose money (who cares)

2. XP is already a small market, pirates make it even smaller.

3. The smaller the market, the less it will attract the big design teams (like PMDG etc)

4. The smaller the market, existing designers will hesitate making more aircraft, too little gain

5. The smaller the market, design teams can not expand, hiring more people to develop

6. Development will go slower.

7. A smaller market might lead to higher prices of addons to cover development higher unit costs and time.

8. Designers and vendors have to use a big amount of time developing DRM's, time they could have used for developing more add ons and be productive

=> in other words, XP piracy/sharing ruins and undermines the entire development community, leads to less diversity and, less quality add ons and higher prices.

What are the effects of "false reset requests" and "fake news" topics?

8. It puts extra loads on support systems

9. The extra load means longer waiting time for those with legitimate requests

10. Designers and vendors have to spend extra time in social channels, answering/defending accusations.

11. "Fake news" (bad PR) cost money, making the market even smaller.

12. This is very demotivating, and designers might stop developing further. I can tell you IXEG and XA have spent slot of unnecessary time and energy

on these things, but what we really want is use our time and energy developing better products for you all.

=> In other words, "false reset requests" and "fake news" it increases support waiting time, increases development time and might lead to less quality products

So, basically these guy's are undermining the hobby we all love big time, for EVERYONE! I'm not even sure they thought about it, but thats how it is.

The flightsim community - and especially XP - is small and fragile, we cannot let these idiots continue to destroy it.

---

(Just for the record this rant is off course not meant as an excuse for bad customer service that I know some of you have experienced, and we apologize for that)

M

Morten, the last 2 lines of your post are all I feel necessary to respond to. A simple pm in private would have sufficed, when I was trying to get one of the many products I've bought legitimately from XA over the years, re-activated. Instead, someone saw fit to just delete posts from paying customers looking for help, with absolutely no explanation. I have no words to describe how "poor" that business behavior comes across. Thankfully, one of the developers at XA,  "I think", intervened, after I sought advice from them in pm. Thank you for the public apology, whether directed at me or not, but I still will not spend a penny, until that system is "changed" for lack of a better word. 

Respectfully..Glen.

• Upvote 8

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

A simple pm in private would have sufficed, when I was trying to get one of the many products I've bought legitimately from XA over the years, re-activated.

You have numerous support requests over the years. All of them answered within 48 hours, minus the latest which was answered within 4 days after the Christmas and New Years holiday time (naturally with business being closed). This seems to be the request for which you are complaining over.

Instead, someone saw fit to just delete posts from paying customers looking for help, with absolutely no explanation.

It has been stated time and time again that posts looking to enquire or expedite a support ticket will be removed. Sorry if you hadn't read that before. Part of this is culling the bad behavior of those who post illegitimate requests, the other half of it is it's plainly unnecessary.

Thankfully, one of the developers at XA,  "I think", intervened, after I sought advice from them in pm.

No one intervened on anything for you. I helped you out on my own accord.

Founder of X-Aviation

You have numerous support requests over the years. All of them answered within 48 hours, minus the latest which was answered within 4 days after the Christmas and New Years holiday time (naturally with business being closed). This seems to be the request for which you are complaining over.

It has been stated time and time again that posts looking to enquire or expedite a support ticket will be removed. Sorry if you hadn't read that before. Part of this is culling the bad behavior of those who post illegitimate requests, the other half of it is it's plainly unnecessary.

No one intervened on anything for you. I helped you out on my own accord.

I'll leave it at that, fair enough. Please change/alter/revamp your system so we don't find ourselves back here again. You have many talented developers under your "umbrella", don't allow them to suffer (and yes they already are) any further.

Again, respectfully...Glen

• Upvote 5

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

don't allow them to suffer (and yes they already are) any further.

That's your perception, not a reality, Glen. It's been stated in even this thread over and over what traditionally is going on.

We can re-vamp all we want, and while we will always strive to better the system for LEGITIMATE purchasers (and we are!), it is not going to ever prevent a person who committed piracy from ever getting ticked off.

The support ticket system sees thousands of requests in a week. The typical average response time can be typically a day, and during busier times it reaches the max as three. Customers are sent surveys on the support they received after a ticket comes to a close, and the satisfaction rate often times sits over 90%. There is no dire situation going on here, and for every one complaint there's a thousand others that are happy and flying. This is purely a numbers game.

Don't try and make this something it's not.

Founder of X-Aviation

I think the complaint has been made and X-Aviation have responded. This thread has now run its cause and is now going down hill. I hope everyone gets a resolve and there won't be another repeat thread in a few days.

• Upvote 1