Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

Ground power not arriving

Looks like GSX loaders.  I'm not sure GSX vehicles are compatible with PMDG ones.  Try it requesting the power and air before you load/unload the plane, after all those units are usually the first to be used on arrival at gate and last to let go before pushback.

Dan Downs KCRP

The latest update of the GSX loaders *should* be compatible. If not, let them know. If the incompatible versions are present, ours disappear, taking your power with them.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyp,

I can see both ac unit and gpu vehicles just behind the aircraft arriving where is the problem?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

yep  even the  cdu  is  saying  they are  arriving

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes it says ARRIVING but they (PMDG vehicles) never did.

Yes they are these two tugs sitting immobile behind the aircraft.

Yes its GSX vehicles unloading the aircraft after arrival at gate.

I updated GSX to latest (maybe I had latest because I never got an update recently for the last few days) by downloading again full installer.

I powered up the aircraft with APU, requested GSX for deboarding, and THEN after it started I requested PMDG ground (animated) connections. This time it worked.

p1f0oIw.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

My next test was with the aircraft arriving from a flight.

I landed, exited the runway, assigned my gate at GSX (fully updated), followed the FOLLOW ME car, parked at correct location, I did NOT ask for deboarding yet (GSX unloading vehicles and passenger stairs were still waiting abeam away from the aircraft), I requested PMDG dual GPU (animated) and again the two cars appeared behind the aircraft waiting in "ARRIVING" status but never approached.

I looked in case i could RESET POSITION in GSX but this is an option available only when you are off the assigned gate while taxying, not available when you arrive at the gate.

So as it is now in order to get PMDG GPU you must NOT ask for GSX services until you park at the gate and FIRST request PMDG services before GSX to avoid getting them stuck.

Also PMDG services as I see cannot be CANCELLED. Once requested and being in ARRIVING status there is no turn back until next time you load the aircraft from start.

Have other users faced this problem ? Solution ?

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Make sure you have the latest update of GSX. Additionally, you can also reset GSX by going into the add-ons menu and restarting the couatl scripting engine they use.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyp,

It's been a long time since we talked, I am glad to see you are still holding with the hobby :-)

We will investigate this issue.

As for cancelling PMDG ground vehicles requests, go to the SIMULATION OPTIONS pages, and set the HIDE option for ground vehicles. This will terminate the animation and allow you to operate (request/release) the vehicles without the models showing. Once you select the required state you can turn the option back to SHOW if you wish. Possibly a similar result may be achieved by cycling the ANIMATE/INSTANT option. 

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Wow! a blast from the past !

Copied Michael, I'll give it a try next time.

In case it matters for your tests, I am on P3D 3.4.9

Both later hotfixes have produced problems for me as they did for some other users (relevant post).

I tried some more combinations (GSX before PMDG, GSX after PMDG) and I got the PMDG ones stuck again, this time in ARR HOLD mode even though I was at the gate with chocks set.

I did Michael's suggestion. It did reset the services but the stuck GPU car was still immobile as in the screenshot at 7 o'clock.

Anyway, not a big issue.Ending the flight with APU only is still OK.

58b0a9d655e74_ScreenShot02-24-17at11_43PM.thumb.JPG.4a52cf1253eb472f55a7394b7828232f.JPG

On 21/2/2017 at 3:51 PM, mfrantz said:

Hi Kyp,

It's been a long time since we talked, I am glad to see you are still holding with the hobby :-)

We will investigate this issue.

As for cancelling PMDG ground vehicles requests, go to the SIMULATION OPTIONS pages, and set the HIDE option for ground vehicles. This will terminate the animation and allow you to operate (request/release) the vehicles without the models showing. Once you select the required state you can turn the option back to SHOW if you wish. Possibly a similar result may be achieved by cycling the ANIMATE/INSTANT option. 

Michael I have had again the incident of ground vehicles not moving.

I tried what you suggested but it does not change anything.

Just for your information:

I have not been able to find a standard way of reproducing it. Other times it happens others not.

Last time it happened without using GSX at all. I just taxied to the gate after arrival and the services were in ARR HOLD status when I requested them.

Here you can see me using JETWAY PLUGS and these worked fine since no vehicle was involved.

The A/C truck though is stuck at 7 o'clock on the apron.

58b946801f13b_ScreenShot03-03-17at07_14AM.thumb.JPG.d217a79d78e45b545fb201b4a814fba7.JPG

Here I do your suggestion (flip between SHOW-HIDE ALL and ANIMATED-INSTANT) and nothing changes.

On pressing again REQUEST (Air Conditioning) the truck stays there and the word REQUEST does not change and when I go to the main services page it says ARR HOLD even though I am at the gate with brakes and chocks on. Engines were shut down and I was on APU power. I did not catch s screenshot of the ARR HOLD status but this is what it wrote after flipping ANIMATED-INSTANT etc. The A/C truck stayed there (never disappeared) during the tests.

58b9468c9735c_ScreenShot03-03-17at07_15AM.thumb.JPG.2bb51984e9f68c75e9672c92b378abab.JPG

Just to report on some further tests on the subject.

In my last couple of flights after ARRIVAL I did not use GSX services at all.

I taxied to gate, engaged parking brake, set the chocks and the GPU truck was stuck in ARRIVING status.

I was with engines running at the gate and did not use APU.

Even with 3 engines shut down the GPU would not arrive.

So it looks like its not related to GSX services/vehicles.

Could the problem be related to the version of Simmconnect SDK used ?

I am on P3D 3.4.9 (i.e. not the latest Hotfix 2)

I updated the B744 with latest PMDG update (3.00.8186) this morning, I have not had a chance to test it with this one but as I read in the changelog ground connections processes were not touched.

Happens to me as well every now and then, and i coudlnt find a way to reproduce the issue either. Seems to be a bit random. I also believe its not related to GSX as it also happened without touching GSX at all. I'm seeing this in "first flight of the day" situations and when doing a turnaround (landing and departing without restarting the sim). I usually do 60 min auto ground ops.

I either get duplicated ghost vehicles sitting at the starting point (while the original vehicle still performs its service), or some services do not arrive at all (vehicle is also stuck at the starting point). This happens about 1 out of 10 times

I also tried to reset the ground servicing using the methods described above, but to no avail, those ghost vehicles wont disappear