Sign in to follow this  
Jimm

Beta10 Headshake

I do apologize if this has been addressed, but I'm finding the headshake (or bodyshake) feature a bit annoying.  As soon as a flight starts, I get a wobble in the camera, as if I am floating.  After that, it gets worse, with a lot of shake during takeoff, as well as during flight with winds.  I don't mind a little realism, but this shake is annoying and I can't find anywhere in the settings to turn it off.  The shake can get bad enouhg that I will get skips or stutters every so often, even if my view hasn't changed, but it's just in the cockpit.

If anyone knows what to do or has any insight on this, please feel free to contribute.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Have you tried turning the "cinema verite" off? It's in one of the  menus.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

So is this just a fancy term for headshake? If so, why not call it what it is? lol

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

So is this just a fancy term for headshake? If so, why not call it what it is? lol

I was actually curious a while back so I looked it up... Seems this is the fancy film world term for what they call video that is supposed to be like it is being seen from the audiences perspective, ie first person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cin%C3%A9ma_v%C3%A9rit%C3%A9

Why LR called it this I can only assume was to sound "sophisticated" ha.  Basically, Austin wanted it to sound cool, and "headshake" didn't fill the bill.

This is of course only my guess from a very small bit of research when I too had no idea what it actually meant.

Yeah, turn off cinima verite. However, by default without this XPlane's camera is way too stiff, the the point where you'd wonder if it has momentum effects at all. Download Headshake http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/20955-headshake-camera-plugin-lin-win-mac/ Be warned, the default settings are way, way overdone, so you'll have to play around with it a bit (unless, of course, you want to simulate what it's like to fly after downing a 2L bottle of vodka in one gulp).

Cinema verité is trying to simulate the unsteady hand of someone filming a plane or the view from a plane with a handheld camera. I agree that this feature is more confusing than useful.

It is not "headshake" which would respond to g-loads, which cincema verité does not.

Jan

Cinema verité is trying to simulate the unsteady hand of someone filming a plane or the view from a plane with a handheld camera. I agree that this feature is more confusing than useful.

It is not "headshake" which would respond to g-loads, which cincema verité does not.

Jan

Considering there is no easy way to describe the motion, I chose to use the word.  :Tounge:

I disabled the cinema verite in X-Plane but still had the issue.  I found that Blu FX has a Cinema Verite control in it and that too had to be disabled, now it is working fine, no motion sickness.

The "Cinema verite" option also enables the headshake (virtual cockpit camera responding to g-forces). I know, it doesn't make sense, but it's X-Plane after all. :-)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

The "Cinema verite" option also enables the headshake (virtual cockpit camera responding to g-forces). I know, it doesn't make sense, but it's X-Plane after all. :-)

I didn´t know that, thanks for the info! You never stop learning with X-Plane! :wink:

Gracie, Jan