Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Drzewiecki Design Washington X Released

Washington X is stunning IMHO.  At Andrews AFB, you have Air Force One waiting with Secret Service and military personnel near the aircraft.  The Agent standing next to the van in front of AF1 turned to watch my aircraft (F35) circle the aircraft.  Only problem with the static AF1 is if you get a repaint for the PMDG 747, you'll have a couple of AF1's on the tarmac.  But Wash X has an option (at install and reinstall) to remove static aircraft. 

Still "sightseeing".  See the Wilson Bridge is better than the default and you can see National Harbor too.  The new MGM is not there though.  Crystal City buildings almost look real and there is some detail there.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Washington X is stunning IMHO. At Andrews AFB, you have Air Force One waiting with Secret Service and military personnel near the aircraft. The Agent standing next to the van in front of AF1 turned to watch my aircraft (F35) circle the aircraft. Only problem with the static AF1 is if you get a repaint for the PMDG 747, you'll have a couple of AF1's on the tarmac. But Wash X has an option (at install and reinstall) to remove static aircraft.

Still "sightseeing". See the Wilson Bridge is better than the default and you can see National Harbor too. The new MGM is not there though. Crystal City buildings almost look real and there is some detail there.

Best regards,

Jim

Also, when you're on the river visual, as you come into the city right beyond the first bridge (Key Bridge), on the left you'll see Georgetown.  Right next to the river there, there's a small curved building with nice restaurants that I've eaten at many times.  Beyond that is the rowing club building (might have been cool to see some rowers and tourist boats in the river),  After that a little creek that, in real life, had a gate at the end of it...a "water gate"...and then just beyond that, is the Watergate Hotel and the JFK Center for the Performing Arts.  It all looks very nicely done.  Many, many sights to see.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I would say yes

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

AF1 Flag is wrong in screenshot at SimMarket.

How is it in the scenery?

AF1-Flag_zpsawgbnuvq.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Correct, the flag is backwards. .. otherwise very nice, may purchase.

spacer.png

Correct, the flag is backwards. .. otherwise very nice, may purchase.

Did you verify e.g.,  in a video? ...

I have not seen a video on Andrews yet.

Best Regards,

Haven't seen any videos of Andrews no.

spacer.png

Haven't seen any videos of Andrews no.

Thanks for the follow up.

Best Regards,

Its not a 5-min job http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380 and v1 airports were in my opinion simply not good enough to make them compatible with P3Dv3 just like that. V2 is practically made from scratch - not only the textures but also geometries, ground poly, lighting, LOD managing, surroundings etc. But if you wish to install v1 into P3Dv3, you can always do so by tricking the installer this way: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293 .

Mr. D will there be an X-Plane version - great job - thanks 

Rich Sennett

Is this what Andrews is suppose to look like in the demo, is that what the pay version looks like?

2017-2-20_0-22-58-485_zpsxzavhoh6.png

spacer.png

Hi. Yes, there will be an XP version indeed.

Andrews has all airport buildings and detailed, custom-made ground markings. In the DEMO only the basic AFD is provided, nothing more.

Jim, AFAIK there are two VC-25s so there is nothing wrong if you land at KADW with another one.

• Upvote 2

Is this what Andrews is suppose to look like in the demo, is that what the pay version looks like?

Here is what it looks like with the commercial version -

2017-2-20_6-50-59-902.png

Apologize.  Not one of my best images but you can get the idea of the coverage and what Andrews AFB looks like.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Right, okay thanx brother Jim.

Looks pretty good to fly AF1 out of.

From an immersion prespective I can make many short haul flights as AF1.

spacer.png