Sign in to follow this  
aeroplaneman747

Operations Center won't start

Hi all,

Bought the PMDG 744V3 yesterday, installed it, everything seems okay in the sim, but when I go to start the operations center I've had a few issues. Firstly it said 'MSCVP100.dll' and 'MSCVR100.dll' are not available, so I downloaded those. Now it says 'PMDG Operations Center was unable to start (0xc000007b)'. A support ticket has been submitted on PMDG's system, but thought I'd check here in case anyone had similar issues.

Operating system: 64 bit Windows 10

Michael Demura

Please try reinstalling the latest OC for me via the following procedure:

1. Manually delete the contents of C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center

2. Manually delete all the files except for OpsCenterUpdater.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center

3. Disable any Anti virus or other protective software and Run the OpsCenterUpdater.exe file, which will download fresh copies of all the     deleted items.

Let me know if that makes a difference or not.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. So I deleted all the files in program files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center except for OpsCenterUpdater and then I went to Appdata but there was no PMDG folder present. I ran the updater anyway and then it said it was missing the same .dll's as before

Cheers 

Michael Demura

If there was nothing in AppData, that points to a permissions issue. Make sure to disable your Anti virus software during this process (and on the first OC run).

Also, make sure to run the updater as an administrator (right click the file > run as admin).

Kyle Rodgers

I tried running the updater as admin with windows defender off (that's the only antivirus I use), still get those missing .dll errors and nothing further. Also, just checked and both msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll are present in system32.

Michael Demura

I tried running the updater as admin with windows defender off (that's the only antivirus I use), still get those missing .dll errors and nothing further. Also, just checked and both msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll are present in system32.

If you're missing those DLLs then you shouldn't have downloaded the DLLs specifically. 

The problem you are experiencing may be caused by missing or damaged versions of the Visual Studio Runtimes from Microsoft.  To update or install these items download and install the following and let us know if the issue is corrected.

VS2008 Redistributable

VS2010 Redistributable

Kyle Rodgers

Did you ever manage to solve this issue?   I am having the exact same problem for the first time, no PMDG folder in the appdata folder either.

Regards

Hi, I'm also having the same exact error you had and can't get the Ops Center or the updated to start up. As with you, I don't have an app data folder either. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Churchill06 said:

Hi, I'm also having the same exact error you had and can't get the Ops Center or the updated to start up. As with you, I don't have an app data folder either. Thanks.

Okay, I found a solution that works for me - instead of running it as admin only, COMPLETELY TURN OF YOUR UAC, run OC, then the updates and then turn the UAC back on.   This did the trick for me, no more missing dll's etc.

Good luck!

I have done every step and contacted support no luck I have fire wall and defender set to off and I have deleted the appropriate

files turned off the windows firewall and defender and all uac. I am running as a administrator on windows 8.1 and I still get "the application failed to start correctly (0xc000007b) click to close the application" please help!!! I just don't get it I have been troubleshooting for 2 nights

On 3/29/2017 at 10:25 AM, Churchill06 said:

just by off  chance  with your missing  folder  you havnt  got  hidden  folders  checked  by any chance

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

When I pull up the event viewer I can see the errors produced when I'm trying to open. I have no idea what this means any help? I'm copying and pasting the details of the two

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-04-01T01:50:21.000000000Z

EventRecordID 16476

Channel Application

Computer brians

Security

- EventData

OpsCenterUpdater.exe
569008b1
ntdll.dll
56bb4e1d
c000007b
0009d3c2
1a80
01d2aa8a50f3a427
C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\OpsCenterUpdater.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
903e05ef-167d-11e7-8285-74d4358351ae

______________________________________AND___________________________________________

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1005

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-04-01T01:50:21.000000000Z

EventRecordID 16477

Channel Application

Computer brians

Security

- EventData

OpsCenterUpdater.exe

I am Running a windows 8.1 machine with gigabite z97 mother board, Intel i7 -4770k oc to 4.2g, and evga NVidia 760 gtx 1g, 32ram, my main drive is 64g ssd and flight sim is on internal "D" 2tb hdd. It worked for the first couple months when the initially moved to from livery manager to opps center. Then no clue.

A friend asked me to look into a similar problem he was having with the PMDG QOTS B744, since he also has other PMDG products effected by this weird problem (B777 and B737NGX).  He's running P3Dv3.22 on a rig that exceeds recommended equipment by a factor of about 4, so he shouldn't ever run into any issues.

I tried all the above solutions, to no avail.  On a whim, I tracked down the shortcut itself (right click on the OC, select open contained folder).  I simply started it from there, everything worked fine.  Teaching him how to do it was, well, a bit more involved, lol.  I was able to duplicate this 3 times in a row, to be certain I had at least found a work-around.

Not sure if that helps track down the original problem (bad reference in the menu shortcut?), but it appears to be a quick and dirty fix that shows it is NOT the OC itself that is the issue.

Deb

Hi

Do I have to run the latest installer from PMDG and select repair?

My OC stuck at " Waiting for Operations Center to exit " msg.

I close OC and PMDG installer prompt successful installed but no files in the P3D v4 >simojects>airplanes folder.

Help please. Thanks.