Sign in to follow this  
Morrigan

Flight1 B200 review?

Hey,

Couldn't really find any up to date review of this bird, and seems like it was recently updated to work well with p3D v3? 

Anyone uses it? Might I ask how is it? From description it looks pretty detailed which I can really appreciate. Is their G1000 hard on frames?

Thanks in advance for any responses  :smile:

I didn't have a lot of experience with this plane but my initial reaction is it's really nice but it is hard on frame rate. No doubt others will advise more.

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I didn't have a lot of experience with this plane but my initial reaction is it's really nice but it is hard on frame rate. No doubt others will advise more.

Would you go as far as compare it to Carenado G1000? 

It is one of my favorite aircraft. The performance of the aircraft and all the "bits" that are simulated is very accurate and flies by the book. It is worth every penny. Note that it is not a Carenado simulation. You can easily damage the airframe from mishandling the engines or taxiing without regard to FOD. Flying it without appropriate hardware, like a throttle quadrant, would be near impossible.

Because of the large code base running to do all the simulation, it is a bit heavy on performance. That said, I ran it A LOT on an AMD 3.2Ghz/GTX6xx computer and was willing to adjust the scenery settings to work fluidly.

There are capabilities of the real world G1000 that are deliberately not simulated by Flight1. They choose to keep some features out so it would not compete with their Flight1Pro line of products.

Also, the installation is very specific and many folks who do not follow the instructions have problems. The latest installer is a little better but there are still some important steps involving antivirus, admin rights, and the Windows firewall.

I have about every KingAir version made for FSX  (as well as a couple for FS9) and, as of right now, there is no equal for the Flight1 model. The Milviz model is shaping up to be a worthy competitor but it will not have the G1000.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

I have flown the Flight 1 B200 King Air in FSX and now PD3V3.4. It is by far my favorite turbo prop aircraft. It is light years ahead of the Carenado B200 King air. I have both. It is a bit hard on frames because of the realistic operation of the G1000. It does not have all the real G1000 features but it is the best available G1000 simulation for filght simulator. It is a dream in PD3V3. Read Ray Marshall's review of the aircraft here on Avsim. It is still relevant.

Greg

I forgot to add that Flight 1 has a 30 day money back policy. Try it if your system can handle it you will love it.

Greg

• Upvote 2

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

thank you all for the replies, very helpful.

I completely forgot about Flight1 30 days guarantee so now it's a no brainer. 

Just last question if I may - how does B200 G1000 compare to F1 Citation Mustang? Is it basically the same thing?

EDIT: Found an answer myself. Again, thanks for all the replies.