Sign in to follow this  
Desaix

LatinVFR moving to Xplane with KSAN

Glad to read that LatinVFR teams up with Icarus to port San Diego to XP

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/112824-san-diego-international-ksan-icarus-simulations-latinvfr/#comment-1125966

I think this is the way to do, take an already skilled developer in XP and convert the scenery adding Xp features like the amazing lights.

Never understood why 29Palms or Taxi2gate or Aerosoft (apart from small 29Palms airport) do not follow the same path, maybe they think that conversion tools does not make profitable a direct conversion by them, but after spending 3 weeks to have a good conversion I'd be more than glad to pay some 20 euro for the same or even better result.

It will be great to have Latin VFR in XPL!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

On 2/20/2017 at 10:09 PM, pugilist2 said:

It will be great to have Latin VFR in XPL!

1+

Rich Sennett

Gimme more payware airports!  Even if they are converts because  converting them yourself is very very time consuming.   I experimented with KJAX and got it looking pretty nice but what a pain in the butt to do it!   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

That's actually  interesting  since ORBX announced that they are working  on a version  of KSAN for P3d and FSX. Obviously  no connection  between  the two items.

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's actually  interesting  since ORBX announced that they are working  on a version  of KSAN for P3d and FSX. Obviously  no connection  between  the two items.

No connection. This is based on the already available LatinVFR's KSAN.

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

My sarcasm  did not show through.  ORBX  has avoided doing scenery  for the top 50 US airports and it's unclear  whether  its  KSAN  product represents either an aberration or a new trend. I'm betting that they will begin to produce  versions of larger airports for DTG FS, P3d, FSX and Aerofly FS2.

So my question would be how much better is this airport's design and rendering better than MisterX6's excellent rendition of KSAN?  I have to say, I've been impressed with his work, both with his attention to detail and the handling of performance, not to mention it being free, as well. :biggrin:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

8 minutes ago, Jimm said:

So my question would be how much better is this airport's design and rendering better than MisterX6's excellent rendition of KSAN?  I have to say, I've been impressed with his work, both with his attention to detail and the handling of performance, not to mention it being free, as well. :biggrin:

Well, there are already a couple of video that you can watch on youtube... 

https://youtu.be/drb6mUZlqYg?t=7m40s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3P9pENI4I

Well there's no denying that it looks good, but the second video showed a lot of "putters", which could be a concern to some people.  i guess we'll have to wait and see how many other folks come forward with their reviews.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

On 3/14/2017 at 1:26 PM, Jimm said:

Well there's no denying that it looks good, but the second video showed a lot of "putters", which could be a concern to some people.  i guess we'll have to wait and see how many other folks come forward with their reviews.

Could you please explain to me what you mean by "putters"?