Sign in to follow this  
Ace9

Assigning buttons to X55 & A2A Spitfire using download Module

I am baffled as to why some assignments in the download module work and others don't, where do I go from here short of becoming a Lua programmer, any ideas please, could there be a conflict somewhere with AI Carriers or FS Recorder and FSX-Steam edition?

Is there a log I could produce so someone who is knowledgeable could view it to find the fault?

I am sorry but I am lost, what else can I do please?

I will try to get you pointed in the right direction. When trying to understand something it is best to simplify everything down the minimum. The 2 you mention should not affect what you are looking for.

If you cannot understand why a function is not working, load the A2A Spitfire module in the Editor. Right clicking on a function name will cause that function to execute and if it operates a switch in the cockpit you should see it move. If the function contains a Lvar that does not appear to work. Filter that function in the Tracer and start monitoring it. Right clicking on the function name in the Editor should show it toggling in the Console window.

I do not believe that examination of any log will allow me to help you. However, please do the following:

• Open FSX and LINDA.
  • Load A2A Spitfire.
  • Set the LINDA debug level to VERBOSE.
  • Click of Reload LUA Engine.
  • Operate all the functions you believe are not working and a couple that are - preferably by assigning a button to each.
  • Exit LINDA.
  • Email me the FSUIPC4.log file to linda@awginfosys.net.

It is difficult to debug at a distance and I can not give you 35 years of software knowledge via this forum.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Many thanks to ScotFlieger (LINDA Support/Developer) who has resolved the problem. It turns out that: -

"The problem comes down to differences in the spelling of key Lvars used by A2A. Some Eng1 LVars use a underscore others don’t.

For the engine starter cartridge count they use Eng1_StarterCartridgeCount but for starter switch and lid they use Eng1StarterSwitch and Eng1StarterSwitchLid.

The different spellings was why the functions you reported were not working.

To fix your issues you will need to do a couple of edits as follows:

• Open up the Spitfire actions.lua file in the LINDA Editor (file located in /linda/aircrafts/A2A Spitfire).
  • Locate the functions SPIT_Starter_Start and SPIT_Starter_Stop.
  • Remove underscores after Eng1 from Lvars Eng1StarterSwitchLid and Eng1StarterSwitch.
  • Locate the function SPIT_Cartridge_Reload_or_Starting_Magneto.
  • Remove underscores after Eng1 from Lvars Eng1Starting _Magneto and Eng1StarterCartridgeReloadSwitch.
  • Save changes.
  • Click on Reload Lua Engine."

The downloadable Module version 1.3 was written in 2011/2 and does not include code for the MCP2a (Airbus) panel. ScotFlieger has said that he is working through the changes for a new release of the A2A WoP3 AccuSim Spitfire module.

Many thanks for all the help.

Roger

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Just ran the A2A updater 13/04/17 and I don't believe it, the Spit Starter & Spit Cartridge Reload have stopped working now. Help please, I am lost again.. Have A2A changed things again??

LInda version 2.9.3.496 

FSUIPC 4.9.6.603

ATB

Rog

Hello,

I have uploaded a new module (1.6)

Please try this

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guenseli,

That did the trick, many thanks for your help with this, I was wondering why it failed and never thought to question the amended code I have been using, can you tell if the Lvars used were changed in the update?

-Roger

I think A2A changed the Lvars for the Eng1_ variables. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew