Sign in to follow this  
gusifer

how to modify turnaround time

hello guys can you help me with how to modify the turn around time=? would like to change it to 15 mins

i believe the format is just the number of minutes, however, the minimum value is 60.

there was some discussion in this thread:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503407-automatic-ground-operations/?hl=%20turnaround

i wondered if it could be changed to a smaller value too. although i enjoy the eye candy of having the trucks messing around, my simming time window can be fairly limited on some days.. so waiting an extra 30 minutes watching a fuel truck isn't really a high priority for me.

when i'm using it i just start it and then cancel it when i'm ready to fly. this does require a bit of extra clicking to dismiss all the trucks and close the doors but it's not a big deal. the guy in that other thread settled on just using time acceleration to speed it up.

i'd like to see if the GSX integration could be taken further and have the pmdg ops call the GSX routines, or vice versa l. right now GSX is my preferred method since i have modified the fueling and loading speeds to roughly take 20-30minutes. plus i like seeing the loaders actually moving stuff on and off. it doesn't use all the cool extra pmdg vehicles though.

cheers

-andy crosby

One way to shorten the ground turn is to load up your most used panel state, start the "short" ground ops, let it run for (in your case) 45 minutes, then save the panel state and set it as the default. Next time you load the aircraft, it will start with 15 minutes remaining.

Only caveat is you can't manually adjust the fuel level...you have to use the service truck. You won't get a reasonable fuel load on board in 15 minutes, but you could wait until the ground ops are complete and then adjust your fuel manually.

EDIT: Here's my original reply on this: http://www.avsim.com/topic/503407-automatic-ground-operations/?p=3565001

• Upvote 1