Sign in to follow this  
richie894

XP11 - United A350 over Los Angeles

This is why I am making the switch from P3D! Other than $40 for the A350 all the scenery is free.

ua1_zpsimw0236n.png

ua2_zpsek1drqcl.png

The Ortho package can be downloaded here...

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36327-us-orthophotos/

The US West "Real Life" autogen can be downloaded here...

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36109-us-west-real-life/

*** I know the wheels are down etc... I was in slew mode and couldn't get them to go up. I didn't have much time to redo it all.

• Upvote 4

Nice looking shots!  Always like seeing Ortho scenery.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Love the simplicity! 

Always in our hearts AVQ1. Andre Roy. 

Air Traffic Controller New York TRACON

Richie this is exactly the same reason I've switched and never looked back. +1 in my book. Free Xortho beats anything payware in the FSX/P3D world. I have the Xortho area around the large airports I fly and makes the entrances and exit of those places amazing. And all the ortho you want is free.

Very realistic!! :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

The better sky and realistic skycolor freeware plugins really helps. Removes the orange and makes more natural lighting at sunrise and sunset.

This is why I am making the switch from P3D! Other than $40 for the A350 all the scenery is free.

This looks amazing! Thanks for the link! but i was in the cessna so i thought ill check this sign out  :wink:

33f40ls.jpg

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I noticed that too last night, very cool. I had significantly less than your 38 fps though. I guess I need to dial back the settings.

So this work for both X-P10 or X-P11 ? Great.

Both of those addons have rather small cover area, especially Ortho:

Index.jpg.7612356bf74716889f75ae89a5aab0

"Aerofly FS 2 area" I would say. :rolleyes:

Not even close to "area" that these guys from my signature covers. The whole world, yes.

And also have quite complicated installation.
Ortho:

Windows Instructions

Download the file you are interested in from the links attached to this post or the torrents (don't forget to seed).

1) Unzip the file to your Custom Scenery Folder.

2) Navigate to the textures sub-folder and double-click on the file called _ConvertToDDS.bat. This will automatically convert all of the JPGs to DDS textures using nvcompress.exe, which has also been included. The conversion process will take 10-15 minutes. The reason for this is to keep the download size reasonable.  Otherwise the tiles would be 3-4 times larger.

3) Update your scenery_packs.ini file as shown below. These should be the last two entries, unless you have other global scenery packages installed, in which case these would probably go above the other global packages.

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/yOrtho4XP_Overlays/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zOrtho4XP_+36-118/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zOrtho4XP_+36-119/
etc.

4) That's it. Once the DDS files are created, you can delete the JPG files, nvcompress.exe, and the dll files.  Do not delete the DDS or PNG files.

:Nail Biting: wth

Real Life:

Installation:

1. Unzip w2xp_uswest-RL folder to Custom Scenery folder
  2. Update scenery_packs.ini to place w2xp_uswest-RL above all mesh and photo sceneries and below all airport sceneries
  3. Requires the standard w2xp libraries- World-models,  opensceneryX, FFLibrary, R2Library
  4. Requires 2 additional libraries- CDB-Library, MisterX-library

That's a lot of requirements. :Raised Eyebrow:

But I don't say I'm not interested in X-P11 ...sometime soon... :smile:

If you have Misterx airports you should have most if not all the libraries already.

The orthos are not completely plug and play. You have to convert each tile from jpg to dds. It took about 2 hours to do all the CA tiles but it looks great. The total is about 80gb and it covers almost all of CA.

Works perfectly for me thus far in XP11 pb11. But I recommended that you have a min of 16gb ram. I was hitting 14-15gb of ram most of the time.

If you have Misterx airports you should have most if not all the libraries already.

The orthos are not completely plug and play. You have to convert each tile from jpg to dds. It took about 2 hours to do all the CA tiles but it looks great. The total is about 80gb and it covers almost all of CA.

Works perfectly for me thus far in XP11 pb11. But I recommended that you have a min of 16gb ram. I was hitting 14-15gb of ram most of the time.

LA is known to have lof of freeways and traffic, but in xp beta cant control these from menu might help to reduce roads and traffic, look at all these roads and bridges!

2qa1rvn.jpg

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I flew over LA for the first time in XP11 last night, coming in from San Fran and was not pleased to find 12 FPS looking east over the airport with High autogen settings in a modified default 737-800...  I guess a GTX 980 with an i7 3930k @ 4.6ghz behind it can't push the scenery...   sad panda.  T_T   Simulator also became a stuttering mess on final which I assume means my video card was out of VRAM.  So apparently you need 8+ gigs if you want it all.   Comeon 1080ti!    Daddy needs you in his life!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

So apparently you need 8+ gigs if you want it all.

I've had XP gobble the 6 gigs of an original Titan so that doesn't surprise me but it's an extreme case. It seems there needs to be some optimization in the addons or XP if it's using that much VRAM under any circumstance. Thats a LOT of I/O I don't think any current PC can handle that.

Edit: prob not that hard with large photoreal areas. 

So this work for both X-P10 or X-P11 ? Great.

Both of those addons have rather small cover area, especially Ortho:

Index.jpg.7612356bf74716889f75ae89a5aab0

"Aerofly FS 2 area" I would say. :rolleyes:

Not even close to "area" that these guys from my signature covers. The whole world, yes.

And also have quite complicated installation.

Ortho:

:Nail Biting: wth

Real Life:

That's a lot of requirements. :Raised Eyebrow:

But I don't say I'm not interested in X-P11 ...sometime soon... :smile:

The things in yours signature don't even do what OrthoX does.

Yeah, installation is complicated the first time until you get the hang of it...but it's free so what's to complain about? The reason people don't prepackage regions is that it's not legal to do so. That's why you have to manually do it yourself.

The shear size of the files means that you ain't covering the whole world. Not in this decade at least.

• Upvote 1