Sign in to follow this  
alex98

British Airways and Virgin Atlantic info

Hi all,

Thought it was interesting to share some info I found with you guys.

British Airways ships:

G-BNLX MTOW is 396893kg and has a fast taper washout (Type A, 15000ft). No longer flying, dont have the seat plan. I guess it would have been around 345 seats.

G-CIVI MTOW is 364000kg and has a fast taper washout. 275 seats.

G-CIVX MTOW is 364000kg and has a slow taper washout (Type C, 5,5% residual derate @ 35000ft). 275 seats.

Virgin Atlantic Airways:

G-VROM MTOW is 362874kg and has a fast taper washout.

At least, this is what I found...

http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=2469 (Aerowinx forum - topic about Climb Derate and Washout)

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?appid=1 (Site where you can find data about any G- registerd bird)

Anyone with more infos or corrections, please let me know!

Happy flying!!

Alex

The thread is now slightly out of date.  All the BAW 747-436 fleet now have the following CLB Washout values:

Two fixed climb thrust derates can be selected on the THRUST LIM page.  CLB 1 uses a 10% derate of CLB thrust to 25,000 feet, then increases thrust linearly with altitude to CLB thrust at 35,000 feet.  CLB 2 uses a 20% derate of CLB thrust to 25,000 feet, then increases thrust linearly with altitude to 5.5% derate at 35,000 feet.  Data is as of manuals 2013.

BAW B747-436 Fleet as at Tue 11 Oct 16:

37 A/C

Seating Configurations:

14F/52J/36W/235Y - Mid J -337

14F/86J/30W/145Y - Hi J - 275

14F/70J/30W/185Y - Hi J 'Lite' - 299

*** Mid J Aircraft with Electronic Fuel Scavenge System into Main Tank 2 Only***

GBNLK   BPCG     14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GBNLN   BPCK     14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'Poppy' Promotion
GBNLO   BPCL     14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'Face to Face' titles
GBNLP   BPCM     14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GBNLY   BRAG     14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag
GCIVA    AKQR      14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag

*** Mid J Aircraft with Hydro-Mechanical Fuel Scavenge System ***

GCIVB   AKQS      14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag
GCIVC   AKRS      14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve' & 'OneWorld' titles 
GCIVD   FPHR      14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve' & 'OneWorld' titles
GCIVE   FPGR      14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag
GCIVJ   BGPQ      14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag
GCIVK   BGPQ      14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'OneWorld' titles
GCIVL   BHMP      14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'OneWorld' titles
GCIVM  BJGP       14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve' & 'OneWorld' titles 
GCIVN   BFKS       14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag
GCIVO   BFPR       14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GCIVP   CLHJ       14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve' & 'OneWorld' titles 
GCIVT   CLDP       14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GCIVU   CLEP       14F/52J/36W/235Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'

*** Hi J Aircraft with Hydro-Mechanical Fuel Scavenge System ***

GCIVR    CLAP     14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag
GCIVS    CLBP      14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag
GCIVV    CLFP      14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GCIVW   CPHM    14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GCIVX    CPKL     14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GCIVZ    CPLQ     14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve' & 'OneWorld' title

GBYGA  CPMQ    14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'

GBYGD  DEFP     14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag

GBYGE  DGFP     14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag
GBYGF  DGHP     14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag

*** Hi J Aircraft with Hydro-Mechanical Fuel Scavenge System No Stab Tank ***

GCIVF   BGKQ   14F/86J/30W/145Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'

*** Hi J 'Lite' Aircraft with Hydro-Mechanical Fuel Scavenge System *** 

GCIVY    CPKQ   14F/70J/30W/185Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GBYGB  CPMR   14F/70J/30W/185Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GBYGC  CPQS    14F/70J/30W/185Y Union Flag
GBYGG  DGJP    14F/70J/30W/185Y Union Flag

***Hi J 'Lite' Aircraft with Hydro-Mechanical Fuel Scavenge System No Stab Tank ***

GCIVG   BGLS   14F/70J/30W/185Y Union Flag 'To Fly, To Serve'
GCIVH   BGMR  14F/70J/30W/185Y Union Flag
GCIVI    BGMS   14F/70J/30W/185Y Union Flag 'OneWorld' titles

Maximum Taxi Weight

G-BNLK - G-CIVE, G-CIVJ - G-CIVZ

397800kgs

Maximum Takeoff Weight

G-CIVF - G-CIVI

381017kgs

396893kgs

Maximum Zero Fuel Weight

246754kgs

G-CIVF - G-CIVI

251743kgs

Maximum Landing Weight

285763kgs

Of course not being a unicorn myself thus having no 'bona fide' relationship with any real world airline nor being an 'aviator' either renders all this information possibly 'fake news' ....

http://www.avsim.com/topic/504456-have-an-accurate-options-config-for-one-of-our-liveries/

If you need some more info I might be able to help.

• Upvote 1

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Thanks a lot for all this precious informations!!

Anything on Virgin Atlantic?

Cheers

Alex

Alex,

Check your PMs

Steve

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

This is great stuff!

I applaud all the folks who are contributing this info (in a civil way, hehe) to make our hobby that much more immersive.  :Applause:

I do what I can to help the immersion factor with paints of course, and together with the excellent Queen PMDG gave us, and this extra data...we're getting closer to simming nirvana every day!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yeah I also wonder of the MTOW of the VIR B744s?

It is not 394.6 tonnes..on VROM and VBIG so I don`t really know..is it some of the VIR planes that have a MTOW of 394.6 tonnes at all?

So please let me get some Virgin Info, the same type of the BAW planes above if possible? :)

If you need some more info I might be able to help.

Hello Steve Bell..., I hadn't seen you around here in a while.  Still doing any EGLL sidstars?

Dan Downs KCRP

Did someone mention Virgin Atlantic :)

v1b-XL.png

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I note many painters are leaving the two windows aft of the upper deck visible. I have never seen a 747-400 with windows in this location... and leaving the -400D windows on the upper deck of the normal -400 on the other side.

In fact many are not even blanking out the correct windows based on lavatory / galley location... 

Sad considering how much detail they put into the other areas of the airplane.

(Please dont get me wrong, thats a great paint, just commenting on my own observations.)

I note many painters are leaving the two windows aft of the upper deck visible. I have never seen a 747-400 with windows in this location... and leaving the -400D windows on the upper deck of the normal -400 on the other side.

In fact many are not even blanking out the correct windows based on lavatory / galley location... 

Sad considering how much detail they put into the other areas of the airplane.

(Please dont get me wrong, thats a great paint, just commenting on my own observations.)

Seriously man?

Thanks for the paint Paul much appreciated.

Quote"I note many painters are leaving the two windows aft of the upper deck visible. I have never seen a 747-400 with windows in this location... and leaving the -400D windows on the upper deck of the normal -400 on the other side."

Ok, thanks, but that is an early screenshot and the plane is now ready for upload with correct config, correct windows, correct sheepskin seats and many more details. What a great plane to paint, thanks PMDG.

(Avsim reduces pics to small so click on pic for larger image)

virgin%20done-XL.png

sheep%202ps-S.png

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Quote"I note many painters are leaving the two windows aft of the upper deck visible. I have never seen a 747-400 with windows in this location... and leaving the -400D windows on the upper deck of the normal -400 on the other side."

Ok, thanks, but that is an early screenshot and the plane is now ready for upload with correct config, correct windows, correct sheepskin seats and many more details. What a great plane to paint, thanks PMDG.

(Avsim reduces pics to small so click on pic for larger image)

virgin%20done-XL.png

sheep%202ps-S.png

Awesome ;)

Seriously man?
I am not trying to nit pick, but people spend hours getting the exact dimensions of logos, lettering, etc, then forget this fairly simple step. Just seems strange. This is PMDG after all...  :smile:

Cheers paul, I thought it may have been a work in progress. Didn't mean any offense, but it was just something I noted on many other paints. I suppose some people may struggle with the alpha layer manipulation so just leave them as default. I will download for sure...

• Upvote 1

I am not trying to nit pick, but people spend hours getting the exact dimensions of logos, lettering, etc, then forget this fairly simple step. Just seems strange. This is PMDG after all...  :smile:

Cheers paul, I thought it may have been a work in progress. Didn't mean any offense, but it was just something I noted on many other paints. I suppose some people may struggle with the alpha layer manipulation so just leave them as default. I will download for sure...

I could say the same thing about almost everything else. My personal opinion is I think the panel configuration options and the registration and selcal are most important because once the door closes you can't see the paint of the aircraft just the panel configuration and the registration plate. But different people have different priorities in their flight sim. - David Lee