Sign in to follow this  
Pete S

Washington DC X Scenery?

Has anyone tried the new Washington DC X scenery by Drzewiecki Design? 

www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodWash_X.htm

The scenery looks great, there is supposedly a free demo to check it out  , but I can't find the download. I want to know how it performs and how taxing it will be on my PC

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Look at the top of the page where FSX, P3D, etc. are listed horizontally, scroll over the version your interested in and a drop down will allow you to download the demo

However, I don't think the demo will tell you what you want to know about performance. It states that the resolutions in the scenery and the objects are reduced from the complete version. The demo might run fine but that doesn't mean the  full version will.

Try it and see what you think.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Performance is good.  Copying my post in another thread here:

P3D 3.4 HF2, i7-4790 16GB GTX-970 4GB.  Flying the NGX,

I'm seeing frames at 30 with occasional dips down to 26 (I have my frames locked at 30.)  Smooth.  Vas was 2.7 at load (I didn't turn down/off any settings).  I flew back over the area a few times and VAS went up to 3.0 and stayed.  Scenery coverage is good, extending south just beyond the beltway.  Good coverage north as well.  Maybe my only gripe is that I wish there were more tree coverage on Roosevelt Island which, IRL, is dense with trees.  I am not AT ALL disappointed.  Looking forward to those river visual approaches!

EDIT:  Just to say, there were a number of options I could have turned off during install but I didn't so my VAS usage was probably as high as it could have been.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Looking at this as well but would like feedback as well.

spacer.png

I got the demo from the SimMarket sales page.
Wanted to checkout KADW (Andrews AFB).

KADW is just two runways and taxi lines.

I will wait to see a video or some screenshots.

I noticed the .exe installer creates an "Addon Scenery" folder (e.g., C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Addon Scenery) and puts the Demo there.

I wonder if the paid version lets the user install outside the main P3D folder e.g., on another drive?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

The screenshots of DC certainly look good as indeed are the visuals in their New York City X scenery which I already use. Unfortunately though I have found that even the latest version of Drzewiecki New York City X has a major VAS impact on FSX, so I too am a little reluctant to rush into DCX until I see a few more reports on performance. I specifically bought NYC X to replace Aerosoft Manhattan as the reviews seemed to indicate that it performed better, but that unfortunately has not been my experience. Likewise their New York Airports collection has a big VAS impact to the point of almost being unusable with a resource intensive aircraft such as one of the PMDG airliners if more than one airport is active, even if New York City X (and most other FSX scenery) is deactivated. This is disappointing given the good performance achieved by other developers producing equally good if not better airport scenery.

Bill

I got the demo from the SimMarket sales page.

Wanted to checkout KADW (Andrews AFB).

KADW is just two runways and taxi lines.

Funnily enough I downloaded the demo also mostly to see what it did with KADW and I got the same disappointment. As I already have an excellent KDCA I was looking at disabling that part of the product and just utilizing the other coverage of the city and especially KADW. But the demo gives little to no idea what that would look like and I'm reluctant to spend the money on the full version and (a) find I can't integrate it with the KDCA I already have) and (B) run into VAS/memory issues...  I will be watching this thread to see what people have to say....

I am running FSX acceleration on a  i7-6700 cpu @3.40ghz 32.0 gb memory. windows 8.1.  I installed the lowest options I could due to bad experience with NYC. I am flying Carenado EMB505 Phenom 300  with gtn, no weather and I just flew through smoke from a burning fire heading towards KDCA. I also just cut and pasted the washington X directory to another  drive and it seemed to work. the frame are locked at 20

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GOHh

I've seen multiple replies from people "concerned/unsure" of how Joint Base Andrews will look, but there is a screenshot clear as day of the airfield on the buyers page.

Here is some water. The next step is up to you... - http://secure.simmarket.com/images/products/8/8e/10760/172893_Wash_X_39.jpg

:) 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I've seen multiple replies from people "concerned/unsure" of how Joint Base Andrews will look, but there is a screenshot clear as day of the airfield on the buyers page.

Here is some water. The next step is up to you... - http://secure.simmarket.com/images/products/8/8e/10760/172893_Wash_X_39.jpg

:) 

Is your link to jpg working?

Best Regards,

They mapped the American flag on Marine and AF One backward on the right side of the aircraft. so many painters do this it's not hard the flag flies "away from battle" it's the code. 

They mapped the American flag on Marine and AF One backward on the right side of the aircraft. so many painters do this it's not hard the flag flies "away from battle" it's the code. 

I do not understand if "many painters do this" is correct or not?

Best Regards,

many painters making a mistake does not make it correct. look at the real life pictures yourself 

I posted a screenshot to show AF1 flag was wrong .. so painters could correct it on next update.

Best Regards,