Sign in to follow this  
SloAir

Saved flights problem

Hi everyone,

because of VAS limitations I have gotten used to saving the flight a few NM before TD and reloading it in order not to worry about a potential OOM during approach. This has worked great for me especially with PMDG aircraft (I have all of the big three - 737, 777 and 747 v3). But over the past month I have encounterd a problem in the 737, both with the FSX version and the P3D one. Today for example I flew from KJFK to KSLC in P3D V3.4 and after I saved my flight and reloaded, some strange things happend.

When I saved the flight I was cruising normally with LNAV and VNAV engaged, but once the flight reloaded I got a flight controls, AP disconnect (despite still being engaged) and VNAV disconnect messages. The CDU also had a strangely bright color and became blank after trying to check if there is something wrong with the loaded panel state:

2017-2-1915-50-37-411.jpg

Going back to the main screen the ususal FMC message at LSK1L dissapeared.

2017-2-1915-50-43-294.jpg

I then proceeded to disconnect the AP and fly manually, but the screens are frozen and do not show any updated information, many of the virtual cockpit buttons and switches also become unresponsive. Here I put the aircrift into a dive just to check if the PFD will eventually show some new information, but it kept showin level flight with the same speed. 

2017-2-1915-53-0-610.jpg

The exact same thing happened on a recent KBOS to KMCO flight I did in FSX. I have tried loading the flight a few different times but always with the same result. 

I am a bit worried that this might start to happen regularly, do you have any suggestions what to check or what might be causing this? This has happend now on two different systems and in on two different platforms, so I do not think it has anything to do with that, but will be happy to provide with my config if that might help.

Blaž K.

I also retrieve previously saved flights and I've never had a problem. I'd say somehow the one of the saved flight files was somehow corrupted.  There are obvious not normal problems such as missing EGT on the EICAS and the things you pointed out.

Make sure you are running the simulator with admin rights.

Full names please in the PMDG forums.

Dan Downs KCRP

What Dan said.

I too was having issues with some saved flights and discovered that my sim was not running as admin. I had the "run this program as an admin" box checked in the properties, but something was causing it to become unchecked. I still don't know why that happens, so I'll need to check periodically or just get in the habit of right-clicking the shortcut and running it as an admin from there.

Walter Meier

get in the habit of right-clicking the shortcut and running it as an admin from there.

That is best solution. Always right click, run as administrator no matter how you think the properties box might be checked.