Sign in to follow this  
seodave

Graphics are great ... should we be looking at physics now?

40 minutes ago, seodave said:

Anyone played with both X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D v3 to compare the physics and flight modeling? Would be interested to know how they compare. I can't seem to find a demo version of P3D v3 to play with. I tried stalls and sideslipping, both seemed to be modelled far better than FSX, unsurprisingly.

Cheers

Easily done the comparison between P3D and XP11 physics wise. Nothing changes between FSX and P3D regarding addons, the same addon sold on FSX has the same behaviour in P3D.

You mentione few addons available for XP11, what kind of addon are you looking for exactly? Because i see quite a big addon world out there, both free and payware. The most limited one probably is the weather and atc one, in which however there are some addons.

Oh, if you like to see some talks about physics i suggest you check out the xplane developer blog, in which in the past there have been some posts physics related http://developer.x-plane.com/

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

31 minutes ago, FLAPS15 said:

the ground speed is so much faster in XP and the height perception is in my eyes great too, go back to FSX SE and it feels so slow...and not high enough when say at 3k.

The eye uses visual queues for speed.  Sizes of trees, buildings and cars...visibility of details, textures, etc.  I haven't used XP in a long, long time but, looking at the screenshots, it appears that XP has the edge. 

In terms of air movement, FSX used to have a big yaw thing when you moved into a new air mass.  Very weird.  You see the movements in videos of RW flights and it's not the same.  I think the whole airplane moves with the air and then, perhaps, there's a yaw.  You watch the pilot's hand on the yoke and it's pretty busy, working to keep the airplane where he wants it to be.  Not sure if they've done any fix in P3D but Active Sky seems to have helped somewhat. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM