Orlaam

QOTSII RAAS Locked Version - Volume

Essentially it seems to work, more or less (might have to run the MakeRunways utility), as far as options go by default.  The problem is the slider won't save my volume increase.  It's default to what looks like 25-30% and very low (hard to hear almost).  I noticed in the .ini file that the number is set to 5.  What is the max so I can tweak this value and hope it saves a louder volume?

Thanks!

Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Chris,

You definitely need to run MakeRunways, especially if you're using 3rd party scenery.

Set the number to 10.

The volume should save.. We'll check it out.

Best,

Okay, thanks.  I'll try that.  I don't know why it won't save.  Unsure if it'll save any other changes.  I've never ran into this with any add on on my built.

Okay, thanks. I'll try that. I don't know why it won't save. Unsure if it'll save any other changes. I've never ran into this with any add on on my built.

Just to add  about  makeways  you need  to re run this  eveytime  you add new scenery or  airport

The volume slider not saving its setting is a bug... it's now been fixed and we'll release it in a future update.

On 2/20/2017 at 2:14 AM, byork said:

The volume slider not saving its setting is a bug... it's now been fixed and we'll release it in a future update.

The volume slider is not saving on p3dv4 pmdg 777 is an update coming? Thanks.

I believe the 777 overrides our volume setting because the PMDG 777 controls the volume slider directly.

On 10/4/2017 at 6:21 PM, byork said:

I believe the 777 overrides our volume setting because the PMDG 777 controls the volume slider directly.

Now it is saving the volume but starting raas as not enabled for every aircraft. I have opened a profile as default, linked it to the model, and hit save. Restarting p3d and raas is not enabled but the volume slider is saving at 100%. I hate computers... what is going on?

For the PMDG 777, you will need to enable RAAS for each model in the PMDG Options.  You can access that via the FMC or, I recall, the PMDG Ops Center.

The PMDG 777 itself can override RAAS.

The QOTS II also interfaces directly with RAAS, just like the 777.

On 10/11/2017 at 4:51 PM, byork said:

For the PMDG 777, you will need to enable RAAS for each model in the PMDG Options.  You can access that via the FMC or, I recall, the PMDG Ops Center.

The PMDG 777 itself can override RAAS.

Raas is set but I have to turn it on each time in the in-game raas menu and load the profile I have created even after I set it as default and to attach to the model. It is like PMDG is re-setting all my settings every time I quit p3d. and I have to start over. Have you seen this problem?

PMDG resets it I believe... the PMDG is hooking directly into RAAS.