Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

New scenery for Irkutsk (UIII)

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. There is a new scenery for Irkutsk airport over at avsim.su. The file name is 60337-UIII.zip.

I just installed it and it is pretty good. It has photoground texture over the surrounding area and those textures have seasonal textures too. It is scenery for the airport and surrounding area. The only things I don't really like is the have these short looking trees in the scenery with weird "x"'s over them. There is also one or two buildings that are not done. (One building is part of the airport itself and the other unfinished building is just outside the airport)

Joseph, to eliminate those trees you can rename "trees5.bgl" to "trees5.bgx" or delete the file.

Those tree will then be gone.

Joseph, to eliminate those trees you can rename "trees5.bgl" to "trees5.bgx" or delete the file.

Those tree will then be gone.

Thanks. I probably will delete those trees. They look weird with those x's above them.

Joseph, thanks for your information.

How's the scenery in your eyes, compared with the previous version from 2011?

I remember that I had some troubles when installing it (elevation problems), and I'm hesitating a little bit from a new install...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Joseph, thanks for your information.

How's the scenery in your eyes, compared with the previous version from 2011?

I remember that I had some troubles when installing it (elevation problems), and I'm hesitating a little bit from a new install...

For me I like this new version better. There are a few minor problems like the trees I mentioned, a few buildings not finished (only one of the buildings is at the airport itself), and I did see some static planes without any landing gear (but I think they represent stored planes). Other than those minor problems this is a top notch scenery.

O.k., so I'll give it a try. Thank you!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Joseph, those planes without gear are in the files

"planes1.bgl", "planes2.bgl" and "planes3.bgl".

Deleting or renaming these files will eliminate the airplanes.

However, the planes cover silhouettes of planes depicted in the ground texture tiles which then are visible (and look disturbing).

Furthermore it looks to me the designer left the gears out deliberately to ease performance (just a guess). When taxying around one doesn't see the missing gears because of a wall between tarmac and the area where those planes are parked so one only sees the top of the planes.

After some checking back and forth I decided to keep the planes.