Sign in to follow this  
FredrikBeast

Heavy turbulence when no turbulence is reported

Hello guys, 

I recently reinstalled Windows and had to install my sim again, including AS16. I can't remember if I change any setting in AS16 before, but now I'm running on default settings included. For some reason my aircraft is handling weird on both departure and on cruise. It feels like it is the biggest storm that just hit me. I'm running live weather, and It says that the weather is perfect. Even on cruise the aircrafts handles like with heavy turbulence like seen in the GIF. It's not that bad on cruise, but on depaure it's even hard to keep the airplane in the air. I've tried both the PMDG 747 v3 and FSLABS A320, and get same problem with both, so it must be something with AS16.

https://gyazo.com/46c626c88e379ef53fd6bb8a1baaa930 (it's like this for the full 12 hours flight)

Anyone have an idea of what this can be?

Thanks everyone. 

Wake turbulence setting maybe?

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Turn all your wind options to lowest setting and see if problem goes away. Then figure out which one is causing the problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Suggest "Random light chop" is set to zero to isolate.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Suggest "Random light chop" is set to zero to isolate.

Tried this without any luck. Even when I exit AS16, I get the same problems. Maybe the problems isn't related to AS16? 

Turn all your wind options to lowest setting and see if problem goes away. Then figure out which one is causing the problem. 

Tried to turn everything down to 0%, without  any difference.

If the problems I'm getting would happen in real life. The passenger would need to sit fasten in their seats for the hole 16-hour flight....

Tried this without any luck. Even when I exit AS16, I get the same problems. Maybe the problems isn't related to AS16? 

Tried to turn everything down to 0%, without  any difference.

If the problems I'm getting would happen in real life. The passenger would need to sit fasten in their seats for the hole 16-hour flight....

Not an expert in this, but I would think if you exit AS 16 and still have the problem, it isn't caused by AS 16. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Not an expert in this, but I would think if you exit AS 16 and still have the problem, it isn't caused by AS 16.

Not necessarily. Active Sky Next buggered up my top line text display in FSX when I installed it, and I've never been able to sort it out since, which is a pain in the &@($* because now FSX doesn't display Pro ATC messages properly, nor those from Air Hauler 2 either (which makes both of them harder to use), and it does that regardless of whether ASN is running or not. I know it was Active Sky Next which did it, because it happened right after I installed it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Without AS16 running, I get the same problems. It started after I installed the FSlabs A320. I know the A320 have some extra effect running and stuff. I've uninstall the A320, but still think there is some effect of some kind remaining in my sim. I will try to reinstall P3D today. 

Not necessarily. Active Sky Next buggered up my top line text display in FSX when I installed it,

What did it do?  There's a line in the prepar3d.cfg file you can change.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hello Andrew,

In regards to the turbulence issue you are reporting please set ActiveSky to "easy" in the settings mode and see if that helps. Also, if you are using EZDok 2.X there have been issues reported with it causing turbulence to enhance Camera effects, if that is on and AS is off it can be the root cause of your problem. AS will not inject or modify any weather parameters if the client is not running. 

Alan - in regards to in-sim text messages can you elaborate a bit more. Also, make sure that the text menu setting in the simulator (setting, general) are set to your liking. 

Thanks! 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W