Sign in to follow this  

universal SimPit Take 2

Take 2 ... I had to remove Take 1 of my video due to some very observant viewers finding a technical glitch I had to resolve.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: recorded in 4K

Nice simpit Rob. I've just got your basic throttles, yoke, pedals, and triple monitors but have been thinking of getting some Go Flight modules. With all that external cockpit hardware and switches I am curious how long it takes to configure a new addon plane to be able to use it all? I'm assuming you are using something like FSUIPC to link all your hardware switches to the swtches on your addons panels.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Here's a link to the hardware/software components used for my uSimPit.

http://robainscough.com/Universal_Sim_Pit.html

With all that external cockpit hardware and switches I am curious how long it takes to configure a new addon plane to be able to use it all? I'm assuming you are using something like FSUIPC to link all your hardware switches to the swtches on your addons panels.

Really depends on the add-on aircraft, some it can take just a few hours, others like PMDG can take 2-3 days.  Not using FSUIPC for the GoFlight modules, using Steve's GoFlight Interface Tool.  FSUIPC is primarily used to work with WideFSClient on my networked PC for FSCommander 9.6.

Cheers, Rob.

My basic sim requires too much time to maintain drivers and updates. I can only imagine what it takes to keep yours running smoothly.

I'm really impressed. Not just with our simpit, but also how you find the time to do all that you do!

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I can only imagine what it takes to keep yours running smoothly.

That's our cat's jobs (they gotta earn their keep, food ain't cheap) ... I just do the flying. 

Cheers, Rob.

I used to have room filters, but I was pushing maximum AMPs on the same line my computers are on so disconnected them.

Cheers, Rob.

Nice setup Rob.  Probably the cleanest area around a computer (especially a flight sim system) I have ever seen!  I cannot believe all of the equipment you have surrounding you!  Nice to see a shot of you too and your house.  Good that it is mostly cold, rainy and windy in California so you had plenty of time to set this up, plus clean your area and conduct a white glove inspection before you began broadcasting your video.  I suspect that "glitch" someone found in your first take was a piece of paper lying on the floor.  That would have been disgusting for sure!  B)

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim, my oldest Brother's son took a look at it recently and even he liked my setup (he's a Professional gamer ... apparently they exist and can get paid well if good).  The "glitch" I can't talk about but was found by some VERY observation viewers ... so I did a Take 2 removing "the glitch".

I tend to keep a clean ship, not F1 spotless but I try.

Cheers, Rob.

Very nice, I love the 737 but wondered how weird it would feel if they wanted to take anything else for a spin, or if they have a PC in the corner for that.

Aaron Tirrell